New York-New York City
Options

SQUINTING!!!-HELP

Hi girls, 

I have a problem, I squint like crazy when I'm outside in the sun...guess I should have thought about this before I planned an outdoor wedding.  Has anyone heard of contact lenses that act as sunglasses?  Or any other advice is so appreciated.  

Thanks!

Re: SQUINTING!!!-HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you not have any shade for the ceremony itself?  If not, consider getting some kind of canopy going for the ceremony, and maybe for cocktails have umbrellas, or you can walk around with a parasol (I used one to keep the sun out of my face when taking pictures).  GL.
  • Options
    jenniemarrasjenniemarras member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Slbriz, Thanks for your suggestions!  I really appreciate it!  So, when you used the parasol for your photos, did you see it for all the photos?  It's a good idea.  I think that is my biggest concern, having my eyes be squinty for the photos of just me and my husband-to-be..which we are taking before the ceremony.  For the ceremony, it is shaded, and it will be at 4:30 so it won't be in the brightest of sun.  Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a nice parasol in So-Ho for myself and MOH; in some photos, we used them not just for shade but for props.  But my photographer and videographer went out of their way to look for shaded spots to take photos/get footage (we took photos outdoors from 11am - 1pm, so there was definitely some brightness).  A good photographer should do that and avoid having the subjects squint.  So if you use a parasol for a few, but then you want to have photos without, mention the concern to your photographer or make sure the day of that you point out shaded areas that you can use (if he/she doesn't take the lead).  GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    does your venue have indoor space as well? you could take some of the photos inside. if you like a funky look, you could take some photos with you and your FH wearing goofy sunglasses.
  • Options
    jenniemarrasjenniemarras member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help, girls!  I was planning on mentioning it to my photographer and thanks for the suggestion with the parasol...I'm going to get cracking on finding a good one :) Your help is much appreciated.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard when taking outdoor shots, you can put something on the ground that will soak up the rays that reflect up at you, like a piece of cloth.  Obviously, this wouldn't work in shots where you see the ground.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards