New York-New York City
Options

Check!!

Hey ladies,
My wedding date is Sept 2, 2011. I just started planning in February of this year. I got my space, caterer, photographer, videographer, etc. The only piece missing in the puzzle was my dress.

Today was my first day shopping. With just about 4 months left until the big day, I was extremely nervous. I had an appt with David's Bridal (start off at the cheapest..work your way up). I noticed that their online site provided some nice styled gowns. I wrote down the style number and showed it to my "consultant" today. It's like almost every dress I picked out they didn't have in the store. Or the dresses were a size 6 or 22. Nothing in my size of 14. I tried some on the larger dresses on and I felt horrible. Shopping became depressing. The selection in the store was horrible and I felt like giving up.

I remember a couple week back I contacted Lotus Bridal. So after leaving DB i decided to contact them to see if they could squeeze me in today at that moment. And they did! My consultant was awesome and sweet. She asked me and interest and listened to me. We went through the dresses in the store together along with my bridesmaid and selected about 6 dresses to try on.

The first dress I tried on was THE ONE! I finally had that "I am a bride" feeling. It was beautifully. I proceeded to try on the others and all of the gowns were gorgeous but the first one and the third choice really captured me. The consultant downed me with a veil (blusher) and some accessories to see if it would help me make my final choice. Number 1 was it! Ordered, got fitted and they'll be able for me to get in time before my wedding and with a lot of time to spare for alterations.  I'm so excited!

I would like to thank theknot.com for their vendors page (that's how I located Lotus Bridal) and Lotus Bridal for their excellent service so far. I will definetly keep the boards update on their service. I think it's important to give opinions to share with  other brides..

whooo hooo I'm excited!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards