New York-New York City
Options

Great, non-cheesy wedding band...?

my fiance and i are at a stalemate on a wedding band. we share music tastes that include just about everything (except maybe contemporary/pop) jazz, doo-wop, oldies, bluegrass and classic rock. but the younger brooklyn bands that we've liked so far tend to be mellow (think retro-40's quartet with vocals) and i also want to give guests lively stuff they know and can dance to. there's so much great music in ny! anyone have a reco for a BK/NYC band that does classics in a high-energy, dance-able way without veering off into cheesy...? Thank you!

Re: Great, non-cheesy wedding band...?

• Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved our band from our Dec. wedding, Soul Revival!  They were younger but totally not cheesy and played the kind of music it sounds like you are wanted!  Plus they sound amazing :-)  I highly recommend them, they made our wedding awesome!

HTH!   Lucy
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA with PP!!!  Soul Revival is so good!!!!
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Caleps.  Contact info and full review in my married bio (link in siggy).  They are AMAZING.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are all great recos... thank you!! Keep em coming if there are other NYC/BK recos. Thanks!
  • Options
    susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    747 Orchestra did our wedding.  They were AWESOME.  The dance floor was packed all night, they did not play any cheesy wedding songs that most bands play and their songs and the way they played them were EXACTLY like the originals!
    747orchestra.com
  • Options
    sweetie323sweetie323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris Michaels Band from Faze4- AMAZING!!! Nothing but raves from friends and family- 2 yrs later, people are still asking me for the band's contact info for weddings, parties, etc- LOVED THEM!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards