Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening

Re: Evening

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:32a7f2a9-c480-479b-9cd1-3667412bc134">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's the first time in 35 years that I won't be able to celebrate with her. We even hosted BBQs at our house for the past few.  I won't be able to go home until at least Christmas. I know things could be worse but still... Some days I'm super optimistic, going along with this whole "it'll be an adventure" mentality and then some days like this just suck. A lot.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]<div>
    **hugs**<div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    Tracy, holidays away from my mom were tough for me when I was in Berlin. I cried a lot at Christmas, my mom is so crazy about that holiday and what it means. I made myself sick at one point. But you can do it, it got easier for me as I got older. Especially having to split time at holidays with Elliots family. Stay strong.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Aw, Tracy. I'm so sorry. :( 
  • Options
    Tracy, you're not being a Debbie Downer, it definitely makes sense to feel that way. I would and will, if FI goes into Marines feel exactly the same way. It's really not easy to move across the country away from everyone and everything you love.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I found a way to watch Clue. I am so excited right now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:63c3dccd-0f6b-4183-b8b3-7c75df12a20c">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tracy, you're not being a Debbie Downer, it definitely makes sense to feel that way. I would and will, if FI goes into Marines feel exactly the same way. It's really not easy to move across the country away from everyone and everything you love.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Word!</div><div>
    </div><div>Huh - I've never said that before. It's fun. </div>
  • Options
    Thanks so much, ladies.  I needed that. I'm tearing up again but feel a little better at the same time.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening:In Response to Re:Evening: A lot, haha. My favorites are Friends, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Criminal Minds, Pretty Little Liars, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy... I just started watching Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23. My tastes are all over the map.Posted by angelstar975I haven't watched much of Grey's this season. I miss it.nbsp;How is Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23? I'm always looking for new tv shows to watch.nbsp; Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good! I watched 4 episodes in a row online and it held my attention. It's not Emmy winning television, but it's amusing.
  • Options
    GL Tracy. And Good night all. It is past my bed time, yet again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks and good night, Nicki!

I feel like I need to watch this Clue movie now too.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I really like X Factor better than Idol - but now...probably not so much.
  • Options
    I want $15 million to go judge people!  I already do that, but for not nearly that much money.  (just kidding).  Tongue Out
  • Options
    Haha - Matts. It's hard to not judge some people here. Silly AEs *eyeroll*
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm trying to ignore that "AE" situation.  When she posted the intro thing yesterday, I took a laissez-faire approach.  But then I had to start reading it when everyone referenced it in the morning thread.

ETA:  I forgot my *eyeroll*.  I like KUI Pokepoke.  She's sassy!
  • Options
    Tracy I'm late on this but ditto what everyone else said. Being away from your mom and that far away is really hard! I am super close to my mom and I would feel the same way. <3
  • Options
    MP, Where are you moving next?  I think I read something earlier today. I'm really bad about sneaking on here at work briefly (usually only making it thru the first page of threads) and then not being able to get back on until late at night.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Tracy, it's not official yet, but it's definitely closer to my ILs and much of my family.   We were trying to move to Cincinnati (my hometown), but now it's looking like Tennessee (my IL's).  DH is just excited to be moving away from cold Boston.

Again NOT official or public.  So I'm vague knotting.  I really wish that I could shout it from the rooftops, though.
  • Options
    Matts - sorry to keep bringing it up. But I'm not just talking about probable kwills. I'm also thinking about the AE that was doing her FSIL. She "updated" yesterday.
  • Options
    Thanks, Musu! I think she has an even harder time than I do so then that makes me even more sad (if that makes sense). The last airport goodbye was the suck. I know she tries really hard to keep it together though.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Poke, I need to go check that out.
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:d8643df4-b223-40f0-b1b9-669307ba7f60">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matts - sorry to keep bringing it up. But I'm not just talking about probable kwills. I'm also thinking about the AE that was doing her FSIL. She "updated" yesterday.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Can't find it.  What I want to know is how did seesawgirl every take a sh!t before coming to TK?  Seriously, I feel like the girl can't decide what to have for dinner without asking us for advice.

ETA:  Thanks for the link. I'll be back.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:d040cee3-9b07-48a2-aa4d-5a97686b6500">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to ignore that "AE" situation.  When she posted the intro thing yesterday, I took a laissez-faire approach.  But then I had to start reading it when everyone referenced it in the morning thread. ETA:  I forgot my *eyeroll*. <strong> I like KUI Pokepoke.  She's sassy!</strong>
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

<div>I lost my buzz a while ago. And I wasn't eyerolling you <3</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:7e31de3e-3684-4810-ab07-8a45ee8111b3">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : I lost my buzz a while ago. And I wasn't eyerolling you <3
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I know you weren't!  You were eyerolling the AE's.  :D  No worries.
  • Options
    Yeah Seesaw annoys me. For that reason, among others.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Evening:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening:Matts sorry to keep bringing it up. But I'm not just talking about probable kwills. I'm also thinking about the AE that was doing her FSIL. She "updated" yesterday.Posted by pokepoke27Can't find it.nbsp; What I want to know is how did seesawgirl every take a sh!t before coming to TK?nbsp; Seriously, I feel like the girl can't decide what to have for dinner without asking us for advice.ETA:nbsp; Thanks for the link. I'll be back. Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Haha I feel bad laughing at this because she seems nice enough, but it's pretty funny bc it's true.
  • Options
    Angel - that's why I rarely interact with Seesaw. She does seem like a nice person, but she annoys the crap out of me. And I'd rather say nothing at all if I have nothing nice to say, KWIM?
  • Options
    HOLY SCHNIKES, POKE!  I don't read Chit-Chat, so I never saw that OP.  What the hell!?!  When you said "doing her FSIL", I didn't realize you meant DOING her FSIL.  I thought that you had mistyped something.

That is so messed up!!!  All of it!  And now they're trying for a baby!  If that isn't MUD, then they need to start up a new season of Jerry Springer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards