Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Guybrarian

One of the contestants on Jeopardy is calling himself a guybrarian.  When did librarian become a feminine term?

Re: Guybrarian

• Options
    I'm watching it too and definitely had a "what the hell?" moment.
  • Options

It's not a feminine term, but most of the guy librarians I know are a little strange.

• Options
    Oh, FFS.  I'm all for PC, but that's just asinine.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    What a doucher.

Not really, I just heard someone use that on the raido yesterday and wanted to use it here.
  • Options
    That's taking it to a whole new level.
  • Options
    FI's brother used to call him a doucher when he was in middle school. It was his favorite word for several years.
  • Options
    It's my new fav word. I want to use it often.
  • Options
    I'm so glad someone else was watching and heard this madness. I had a double-take moment, where I thought I heard librarian, but then I thought "Did Alex just say guybrarian?" WTH?
  • Options
    I think someone needs to explain to the poor confused gentleman that librarian comes from liber -- the Latin word for "book."  Not labia.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guybrarian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33e4cce1-cd00-43b5-9da6-5e777681d0bfPost:d638a308-01f4-4ed2-8a03-a8174de5c137">Re: Guybrarian</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think someone needs to explain to the poor confused gentleman that librarian comes from liber -- the Latin word for "book."  Not labia .
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

LMAO!
  • Options
    We were watching it too and when they introduced them Jay and I look at each other and we're like "Guybrarian?" and then I laughed at him. What a pompous asss.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guybrarian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33e4cce1-cd00-43b5-9da6-5e777681d0bfPost:5d428866-9243-4cb5-823b-5f7c1203c3e0">Re: Guybrarian</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were watching it too and when they introduced them Jay and I look at each other and we're like " Guy brarian?" and then I laughed at him. <strong>What a pompous asss</strong>.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

I think that's a perfect description!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards