New York-New York City
Options

help

i live in NYC and am looking to have a great non-traditional wedding. first being we really dont want a catering hall. everyhting else is so expensive anyone know of any nice unique venues that wont use my whole buget?????we are open to venues in outter bouroughs as well as LI and westchester. 

Re: help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When you say you don't want a catering hall, what is it that you want?
    There's a ton of possibilities out there depending on what you're looking for and what your budget is: The Coney Island Aquarium, the FDNY museum, a loft space somewhere, or even the Queens Farm Museum.

GL!
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    steffig201steffig201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for someplace where there will only be 1 wedding, something unique. vinards, loft space, etc. your suggestions helped thanks i will look into all of them. but was hoping for advice on suggestions you might know that arent 10k venue fees.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we would like to plan our whole wedding with a 20-25k budget if we need to bring in an outside caterer thats fine, if one is at the venue thats fine too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is definitely doable. i am using a loft/catering hall so i'm not entirely sure of the prices of these places, but at the lower end is the Dumbo Loft, which is a fairly raw space in an old warehouse building in Dumbo. it's pretty cool if you like more of a rustic feel. i think it only costs 3K to rent, but you need to bring everything in.

plenty of budget minded brides swear by ReBar in Williamsburg, and it is cute inside. www.rebarnyc.com

how many people are you looking to have? if it's small you could consider a restaurant. i think there are chicks on this board who did lunches or dinners at City Hall Restaurant.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how many guests are you having?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are trying to keep it under 200.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    reBar won't fit close to 200, unfortunately...  When you say $20-25k for the whole wedding, I'm assuming that means everything (like reception + dress + DJ + flowers, etc., etc.), or is it just the reception venue/food/drink?  If it's the latter for 200, check out FEAST at Round Hill.  It's out of the city but it's really reasonable and holds that many people, I think...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is what we did

Woodloch Pines in the poconos for the venue

John Arden music for all the music

Rev Deb Viola officiant

Frankie Carll Productions video

We went just outside NY and were thrilled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards