New York-New York City

Photo shoot Restrictions???

Hi Ladies,
Our photographer will be hitting the Brooklyn Bridge and going down to  Coney Island with us to do a photo session with us.  I am trying to do a search online to see if there are any restrictions on photography in these areas and cannot seem to find anything useful.  Does anyone know if there are restrictions or can direct me to a helpful website?

Thanks a bunch.
Erin

Re: Photo shoot Restrictions???

• sugarbutt316sugarbutt316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to call 311 to find out if The City of New York requires you to have a permit to take photos on the Brooklyn Bridge.  With all the secuirty restrictions in place they may require it.  It shouldn't be a problem I'm sure people take pictures there all the time, you may not need the permit but it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • edited December 2011
    As long as the photographer is using a handheld camera (not on a tri-pod) - you'll be fine on the Bklyn Bridge.  There are no restrictions for Coney island.
  • maggiepatchmaggiepatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did the Brooklyn Bridge and surrounding area (BB park and Dumbo).  No restrictions other than mentioned above with tripod.  We even stopped into the River Cafe, had some champagne and used their pier for some pictures.  Was great fun!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards