New York-New York City

Creative/budget-friendly caterer for Queens wedding???

I'm planning a wedding this fall for 230 guests and am searching for a caterer.  We are trying to find an inexpensive caterer rather than have to cut the guest list.  We're open to alternative/creative solutions to reduce the cost per person - cocktail party with a substantial amount of food, BBQ, stations, buffet, etc.  We don't want to sacrifice good quality service and food, and we want our guests to feel satisfied.  Ideally they'd also be able to handle the rentals for us as well but that's not a deal breaker.  Does anyone have recommendations of caterers to contact??  Any good experiences with caterers willing to work within a budget?  Thank you!

Re: Creative/budget-friendly caterer for Queens wedding???

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_creativebudget-friendly-caterer-for-queens-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:807ce116-1272-464e-8bb7-8ca4df442c72Post:89c68645-b0e3-49bf-bba2-c143b4dea6cc">Creative/budget-friendly caterer for Queens wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning a wedding this fall for 230 guests and am searching for a caterer.  We are trying to find an inexpensive caterer rather than have to cut the guest list.  We're open to alternative/creative solutions to reduce the cost per person - cocktail party with a substantial amount of food, BBQ, stations, buffet, etc.  We don't want to sacrifice good quality service and food, and we want our guests to feel satisfied.  Ideally they'd also be able to handle the rentals for us as well but that's not a deal breaker.  Does anyone have recommendations of caterers to contact??  Any good experiences with caterers willing to work within a budget?  Thank you!
    Posted by licbride[/QUOTE]

wow 230 guests! Where are you hosting your wedding? Have you asked for their preferred vendors list?
  • AbearAbear member
    First Comment
    Can I ask, did you ever find a caterer ? Would you recommend them? I'm looking for one in the same area. Thanks!
  • Try the Astoria World Manor
    www.awm-ny.com/
    Welcome to the. Astoria World ManorAstoria World Manor is the finest Banquet Hall in all of Queens. We provide you with professional banquet planning for ...
    17 Google reviews · Write a review
    25-22 Astoria Blvd  Astoria, NY 11102
    (718) 278-7766
  • Try Naturally Delicious, or Cayenne Catering (ask for Oonagh). Both companies are AMAZING, and willing to work within your budget to come up with a unique menu. We haven't been able to decide which of the two we want yet, both are fantastic. Where is your venue?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards