Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll, kind of not really

Tell me something completely random and interesting about you.  Preferably something we don't already "know."

I'm always dancing.  I dance while I clean.  I dance while I cook and do dishes.  I dance in the car.  I dance in the shower.  I'm dancing right now while I type this.  I dance in the grocery store to embarrass FI.  He swears sometimes I dance in my sleep.

I'm running to the store, so you guys better have some good tidbits for me when I get back!

ETA:  Lurkers, this would be a FABULOUS post for you to tell us a little about yourselves ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Poll, kind of not really

• Options
    I'm a freak for classical music. Honest, I have a HUGE collection and listen to it all the time, much to Jay's general irritation ;)
  • Options
    I can say the alphabet backwards. My grandmother taught my mom and her sisters to do it when they were kids. As a result, all of my first cousins on my mom's side can do it too. That's not particularly interesting...

I want to get back into the foodservice industry in some capacity. My first love (as far as jobs go) is bartending, but I also used to work in a bakery. I would love to be a baker, or a bartender again. But the hours and the money at my current job are too good to give up.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I'm a singer, but I never really sing.  I don't sing in the shower or in front of other people unless it's more like actual performing.  I do sing in my car, but not in front of people.

I think it's because I don't want to be labeled as a show off.

When I do sing random little things, I don't sing them well on purpose.
    I was also born with a tooth, but I've said that on here before.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I just started learning French because Cory refuses to travel to France unless one of us has a good working knowledge of the language and he refuses to learn it because of some misguided grudge based on world war 2
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:858cda4e-88f4-4882-97c5-3e36eb7b8193">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a freak for classical music. Honest, I have a HUGE collection and listen to it all the time, much to Jay's general irritation ;)
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Who are your favorite composers?

• Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I sing a lot too Sucrets.  However, I really should NOT do that.

Edit:  I mean the "too" as in, in addition to dancing, because you said you DON'T sing a lot.  For clarity.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I dont think you guys know pretty much anything about me, but just so you're jealous, when I was in first grade my class was in an HBO special called "How to Raise a Drug-Free Child."  I know, I know, SUPER impressive.  :)
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I'm loving Zumba classes.  Hell of a workout.

I want to start making soaps and other products at home.  Wonder what the rules are about selling that stuff.  Don't know if it is as regulated as selling food products.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:ac6cd076-daa1-45b1-8cb2-9d9ffab4331d">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont think you guys know pretty much anything about me, but just so you're jealous, when I was in first grade my class was in an HBO special called "How to Raise a Drug-Free Child."  I know, I know, SUPER impressive.  :)
    Posted by Lyss5782[/QUOTE]

Now it must be asked; have you ever tried any drug?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:cc7e6f1f-fdbc-4af3-abb6-c91da6b997e8">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just started learning French because Cory refuses to travel to France unless one of us has a good working knowledge of the language and he refuses to learn it because of some misguided grudge based on world war 2
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

My H despises the french for some reason.  He was pissed when I made him go see Les Mis because I was playing in the orchestra for it, but he sat through it.  It was when we first started dating, though.

• Options
    I have an irrational fear of burning the roof of my mouth, so I tend to avoid hot liquids such as coffee, tea, and most soups.
  • Options
    I am always singing or humming.  Sometimes I hum without realizing it and then have to think about what song it is.  The other day I was humming "Strangers in the Night" and it even took me a minute or two to figure out what it was after I realized I was humming.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:adab3ec2-4904-4d85-a0bd-be814c6ee9e5">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm loving Zumba classes.  Hell of a workout.
    Posted by britne28[/QUOTE]

Oh god, my mom just started doing that! I really can't picture it.

Um, I was on my high school Quiz Bowl team. We were on public access quite a few times and I played in the all-stars match my junior year.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:f583ee91-453b-407d-9170-54f92d44015f">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll, kind of not really : My H despises the french for some reason.  He was pissed when I made him go see Les Mis because I was playing in the orchestra for it, but he sat through it.  It was when we first started dating, though.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Oh my God! Exactly!  I was flipping through the Les Mis libretto and he called me a "sympathizer".  The man has never been to the country or interacted with anyone of the nationality but maintains his "they'd be speaking German if not for us.  The least they can do is be thankful" mentality
  • Options
    I blush a lot. Pretty much anytime I see someone I know in public, with the exception of my nearest and dearest. It gets pretty tiresome at work when my boss stops by daily.

I may have already used this one way back, but when I was four, I was fluent in Mandarin Chinese because my parents worked at the Embassy in Beijing and my Chinese nanny and I taught each other our respective languages. My parents' favorite story to tell about me is when we got back, we went to Dollywood and I somehow got a little left behind so I ran through Dollywood yelling "Wait for me!" in Mandarin.

And I've been on the Great Wall:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:f23f06b1-e438-4b02-b2cf-144a5a85964c">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll, kind of not really : Now it must be asked; have you ever tried any drug?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of the "Smoke-Free Class of 2000," which I was a part of. AFAIK, the rate of tobacco use is no lower in the Class of 2000 than the Class of 1999 or 2001.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

eek!  what if I ever run for office???  :)  my drug of choice these days is wine...and knotlurking...can that answer your question?

226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:fe7e7207-9af1-4830-a7d3-db375d9351a4">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll, kind of not really : Who are your favorite composers?
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I got all hung up on PnE trivia ;)

Delibes, Prokofiev, Debussy, Rachmaninov I think :) It changes based on the mood I'm in but I think Delibes is generally number 1.
  • Options
    I have double jointed thumbs. I have had plastic surgery. I was a barista for two years and it was the best job I've ever had. I make up songs and words all the time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:68cd4f98-6472-44b2-90e9-f1338a41f10f">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I blush a lot. Pretty much anytime I see someone I know in public, with the exception of my nearest and dearest. It gets pretty tiresome at work when my boss stops by daily.</strong> I may have already used this one way back, but when I was four, I was fluent in Mandarin Chinese because my parents worked at the Embassy in Beijing and my Chinese nanny and I taught each other our respective languages. My parents' favorite story to tell about me is when we got back, we went to Dollywood and I somehow got a little left behind so I ran through Dollywood yelling "Wait for me!" in Mandarin. And I've been<strong> on</strong> the Great Wall:
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

1. SO DO I! UGH, it sucks, but that's funny that you do, too.
    2. That last sentence is funny.
  • Options

I was also once on a Nickelodeon game show...in the audience...but at the end the host picked me up and said, "Alyssa and I would like to thank...."

Really, you had no idea you were wedding planning with SUCH a huge star.  Too bad my five minutes of fame ended before the third grade. 

July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I'm Canadian.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I break out in hives if I have to talk in front of any group of people.  Even just going around a room and saying our names out loud. 

I can wiggle my ears.

I went 4 years laughing silently because my sisters laugh irritated me to no end and I was afraid mine would sound like her.  I didn't want to be compared to her IN ANY WAY AT ALL.  Then my friends started making fun of my shoulders bobbing up and down so hard from trying to hold in laughs and I finally started laughing out loud again. 
  • Options
    Mandy I am not even a regular here and I knew that!!! :)
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. I hung out with Dennis Hopper's ex wife last weekend. It was weird.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Lyss - what game show?  I always wanted to be on double dare.  Or to just have the chance to be slimed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-kind-of-not-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b0b091a-4a16-4884-9c75-09532fe2206cPost:fcd9bd1d-db21-4e06-8986-86ac1ac5be46">Re: Poll, kind of not really</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Canadian.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Liar.
  • Options
    I'm super good at braiding cornrows - like professional quality. I used to do my friend's hair every few months and she'd pay me for it. I considered doing that as a job while I was in college, but I never did... I'm extremely white :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't speak at all until I started busting out full sentences.  My mom thought something was wrong because I never babbled or said single words.  My first word was, "Daddy, I'm so glad to see you." 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Lauren - is that the one he JUST got divorced from?
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards