New York-New York City
Options

26 Elizabeth Tailor

Get your wedding gown altered here at your own risk.

I have a pen ink mark on the front of my wedding gown, which was not there before. It was taken in too much, but that just motivates me to starve the few days before my wedding. The dress was hemmed up uneven. the right side was too long and the left side was too short. The bustle was uneven too. The right side was dragging on the floor, the left side was perfect, and the center of the bustle was significantly higher than it should be. I explained the left side being too long would drag on the floor and collect dirt from the streets in NYC. She didn't understand the concept that a bride would walk from the limo to the ceremony on the sidewalk or dance during the reception and want the dress to not drag or collect dirt. Why would anyone want or find this acceptable?

Ann tried to get me to pay more to fix it, and blamed the style and me for not pointing it out sooner. She refused to fix the issue, and informed me even if I paid more, she couldn't guarantee she would be able to fix it. She said her job was to make the dress look ok, not beautiful. It's a wedding dress - why would anyone want it to look anything less than beautiful? Ann stated it was my fault for not knowing each and every single detail or the dress and how I wanted it despite the fact that I stated I'm not an expert in this, and it is my first and only wedding gown, but it isn't her first and only wedding gown to alter.

You must call prior to picking up your piece even when given an appointed time 2 months later. It wasn't ready and didn't get started on it until the day after I was initially told it would be ready. The lack of quality in work and fast turnaround showed.

Prices are cheap for a reason.

If she's really good at hemming pants, then stick to that. Anything beyond that is the risk you take.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards