Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Weird superstitions

I'm kind of weird about the number 13.  I don't like making calls or sending e-mails at 13 minutes after the hour or even 13 minutes before the hour.  I will if necessary, but I'll usually try to do it the minute before or after.  I'm weird.

Do you have any weird superstitions? 

Re: Weird superstitions

• Options
    My old address used to be #13.

We got divorced and I'm still not superstitious.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I wont say Bloody Mary more than once. Just typing it is too much.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b821ce6-d84a-45b6-8658-d5c775ec799fPost:950b8adc-524b-4b50-aad5-cfae991f1111">Re: Weird superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wont say Bloody Mary more than once. Just typing it is too much.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Nebb, that's one thing we have in common (among others)!  I won't look into a mirror in the dark.  Ever.   She might be lurking...
  • Options
    I don't actually think that # 13 is bad luck.  But I guess it's just kind of become a habit for me to avoid the number.  Friday the 13th doesn't really bother me, though, so go figure.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b821ce6-d84a-45b6-8658-d5c775ec799fPost:1c38c48f-f2ae-46c6-b890-f581b006cca8">Re: Weird superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird superstitions : Nebb, that's one thing we have in common (among others)!  I won't look into a mirror in the dark.  Ever.   She might be lurking...
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]
    Its the long boy!! (if you dont get that, read liseys story, you will love it)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b821ce6-d84a-45b6-8658-d5c775ec799fPost:355614c0-56b2-4d63-ac41-a239ec2782ee">Re: Weird superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have this thing about having itchy palms. Supposedly, having itchy palms means money is coming my way. Well, it seems true all the time. Could be a coincidence but it's been happening a lot.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

I have eczema on my hands, so my palms itch a lot.  That money thing doesn't seem to be working for me, though.
  • Options

One of your itching palms means you're giving/losing money.  The other is you're receiving money.  I can't remember which is which though. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My FI is like that about the number 13. He used to be really superstitious about it - especially when he was in the military and on tour or something - he had lots of superstitions then that he followed. Whatever he needed to do to make his job feel safer I suppose :)

Now he just "notices it" and may or may not do something about it.

I am not sure he has noticed yet my wedding band has 13 small diamonds (I figure the addition of the sapphire balances the number out to 14).

I don't have any. I grew up being told black cats were good luck, so I used to seek them out. That pretty much sums up my attitude towards all potential superstitions ;)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b821ce6-d84a-45b6-8658-d5c775ec799fPost:d05fb493-509a-4cc4-ac3f-e6c477232360">Re: Weird superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I grew up being told black cats were good luck, so I used to seek them out. That pretty much sums up my attitude towards all potential superstitions ;)
    Posted by Anon I. Mouse[/QUOTE]

I have two black cats, and they're always crossing my path, so I must not be too worried about that superstition either.  :-)
  • Options
    I was born on Friday the 13th and have a black cat, so I really don't have any...
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    OK, I'm just posting so that the post count won't be at 13.  You know how I am about 13...

Oh, I was born at 11:21 p.m. on Thursday the 12th, so I was very close to being born on Friday the 13th.
  • Options
    When your ear itches that means someone's talking shiit about you.

I also follow the itchy palm/money thing.

Don't split poles.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-superstitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b821ce6-d84a-45b6-8658-d5c775ec799fPost:1c38c48f-f2ae-46c6-b890-f581b006cca8">Re: Weird superstitions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird superstitions : Nebb, that's one thing we have in common (among others)!  I won't look into a mirror in the dark.  Ever.   She might be lurking...
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought I was the only one!I have to stick my arm in the bathroom first to flick on the light. Mirrors in the dark creep me out!</div>
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not really, although I do sometimes find myself holding my breath whilst going past cemeteries and looking for a white roof, despite the fact I don't actually believe in ghosts. That is clearly more of a childhood habit than anything, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards