Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVPs

I am wondering how long I should wait after my RSVP date (which is this Saturday) to start calling people who haven't RSVP'ed to see what their status is. I don't want to be a nag about it but I am going to need a better idea of the final count in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!!
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVPs

• Options
    I would start calling after the mail is delivered on Monday.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rsvps-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ccf9287-0714-4fea-9eed-ab9a236c2f69Post:f27f47e8-384f-45c9-b19a-be36f47bbfe1">Re: RSVPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would start calling after the mail is delivered on <strong>Monday.
    </strong>Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Memorial day, so Tuesday. ;)
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that it's Memorial day.  That's what happens when you always work holidays.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rsvps-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ccf9287-0714-4fea-9eed-ab9a236c2f69Post:803758e0-84c0-4466-b7e2-6bb358d0e342">Re: RSVPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I keep forgetting that it's Memorial day.  That's what happens when you always work holidays.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I feel for you. This will be my first Memorial Day off in a long time if not the first one ever. I'm pretty excited!

That's what working in retail did to me. lol
  • Options
    Tuesday or Wednesday. Some people don't even get the RSVPs in the mail until the due date.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

I think it's best to give them all a few days to come in after the RSVP date has passed. If most of your guests are in town, I think Tuesday would be fine, but if some are across the country, I'd probably give them until Wednesday or Thursday.
    That's assuming, as it seems, that you're not right up against your deadline for submitting final numbers. I'd like to give myself a solid week to make those calls and have a chance to get in touch with people who might be taking a long holiday.

Lizzie
  • Options
    Since a lot of people will likely put it in the mail the day it's due I'd wait until Wednesday to start calling locals and Thursday or Friday to start calling OOTers.  That way the chances that it's "in the mail" are pretty slim.  But you definitly want to give yourself enough time to track everyone down before your numbers are due, so if that means starting calls Monday then c'est la vie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards