Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower Etiquette

If I am having an adult only wedding & reception, should I have an adult only shower also or should I expect that my shower attendees will bring their children and is that ok? How should I handle the shower invitations?

Re: Shower Etiquette

• Options
    misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    The host should address the invitations to only the adults. If someone brings their children, then they were the rude ones.
  • Options
    only wedding guests should be invited to pre-wedding parties; that goes for kids too.  And ditto Kristan - you shouldn't really have anything to do with the shower beyond providing a guest list when asked.
  • Options
    I have never been to a wedding shower or bridal shower where someone brought kids.  The shower isn't a kids' party. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shower-etiquette-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3e1c8535-6fcb-44a5-b474-b8e731af8393Post:7047acae-563a-47ee-93bd-d8bff89ede2f">Re: Shower Etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never been to a wedding shower or bridal shower where someone brought kids.  The shower isn't a kids' party. 
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

I always went to family bridal showers growing up.  Probably three or four total, not a whole lot, but none the less I was included.  It was written on the invites specifically alongside my moms name.  So, for my shower that's what I did.  I wrote out my aunt or friends name, and included any daughters that they may have too.  Plus, I am having flower girls who I wouldn't not want to include.  They are the youngest of the children who will be in attendance, (6 and 4).  All of the other kids who are coming are 10 and up, and it's probably a total of 4-5 extra people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards