Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

This post is to...

just talk about whatever.

I'm bored and most of the threads are really specific, thus random conversations are hard to get going.

DH's surprise dinner for his birthday went REALLY well. He was actually surprised, didn't see it coming and enjoyed everyone who came.

We went to a casual restaurant, and everyone was wearing something NFL-related. (DH lives and breathes football) Even I snuck a jersey into my purse, which is big for me. I hate football.

Afterward everyone came over and we played Super Mario Wii. Fun times.

What did everyone else do? What drama have I missed? Tell me something.

Re: This post is to...

• Options
    Tonight, My best friend called me to ask if FI and I could pick up a big Tv they just bought because it wouldn't fit in her car and I have a truck. Well, the ride home, FI and her boyfriend rode together and I went with her. FI told me that her BF told him she's getting a ring very soon. Her birthday is in a few weeks and I'm so excited for her.
    She is finally happy with this guy and has had many long relationships. But she was never truly happy. I also know, being her, she'll probably be married by the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised. But I am still very excited and I hope we can share this experience together of planning.
    I had already told her that their are sites such as TK for great ideas and help. Laughing

FI and I have been playing Mario Brothers on the Wii as well... Right now he's online trying to find out where most of the big coins are since we need them to unlock world 9.. So the game was beat, now just to go back and make sure we get all the big coins. FUN FUN.. I have him playing my guy which has or had 99 guys. I told him I'm taking it away if he gets down to 90.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Haha. You get infinite continues in that game!

Congrats to your friend! It'll be exciting to have a friend getting married around the same time as you.
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    Thanks.
    Yea, I kinda hope she decides on next year. But I'm sure she will by the end of this year. I know she does want a fall/winter wedding. If it is next year it will be very close. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy for either of us, with her being in my wedding, and I know I really shouldn't assume, but I am hoping to be in her wedding. We have been friends, since birth just about, shared play pens, and went to pres-school together. Been through HELL and back.. So I hope I am safe to assume. I know really shouldn't ugh.

edit----yea I know I have about 70 continues ahah... But I have 99 guys and I don't want to have him loose all them.. I need to start another "game" thing at the very beginning. for him to be mario and me be L.
  • Options
    ...um, I just went to go to bed and saw that it was 65 inside.  We have the therm set at 68 and it usually never gets this low.  I can hear the heat thing on, but there's no warm air blowing out.  Fuuck me if it's broken when it's supposed to be in the 20s tonight and the insulation sucks ass.

I just wrote to complain, I'm going to head to bed and try to stay warm.  Goodnight, ladies!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sorry, Sucrets! I hope it's not broken! Stay warm! :)
  • Options

Good night Sucrets I hope it's not broken.. bbbrrrrrr it will be very cold tonight..

• Options
    Even if you get married within a few weeks of each other it won't be a big deal.
  • Options
    I am going to test the theory that packing expands to fill the time available. Normally on the night before a trip I stay up late to pack and end up staying up all night because it took all night. I am going to go to bed and give myself an hour and a half in the morning (which means I'm getting up in four hours oh my gahd). If I'm responding to posts in 6 hours, assume that packing definitely takes longer than whatever time is available and I've missed my flight to PA.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Poor TJ! Go to sleep and pack in the morning. It doesn't have to be folded perfectly. Do that when you get there!
  • Options
    TJ, I have to agree with Jess, it doesn't have to be folded you can do that when you get here..  I'm in PA.  Pack warm because it is VERY cold here.
    I hope you get some rest tonight. Have a good flight.
  • Options
    ugh.. it shows that Sucrets was the last one to post... and I don't see my post :-(
    Jess, I don't think it will be too bad either being a few weeks apart. If she does do next year I know her's will be after mind. Not that it makes a difference.  I will just be soo nervous leading up to mind that I don't know if I'd be able to handle being in hers. (if I'm in hers).
    I pretty much have everything down that I want and need. It's just a matter of putting it all together, and making it all real, by paying for things now.

And TJ I hope you get some rest tonight, and you have a good flight, make sure you pack warm because it is very cold here in PA.  Right now it's 15 degrees.
  • Options
    I just finished re-arranging my living room and have decided it's no good and I want it back the way it was. And our TV weighs about a million kilos. Damnit.
  • Options
    I hate that, Sun!
  • Options

Highly frustrating!

Glad you had a great time for your H's birthday!

• Options
    So, I'm sitting on FB, flipping through friends pages, watching videos, etc, when someone I know starts a chat with me. Fine, whatever. It's someone I used to be really close with, some stuff went down and now we're basically aquaintences. He's hyped up on pain medication or something and is clearly affected. His typing was crazy, he wasn't responding to questions, etc.

He randomly calls me the P word. (I hate that word.)

WTF? Because I didn't respond to him immediately?

Then he told me to fuuck off and that I'm not the person he knows anymore.

Well, I'm probably not since we've hardly spoken to each other in 2 years.

People are crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:41b6e827-3cbf-4dbc-9237-8fd2fbf22880Post:c56c0256-3322-4605-b603-7cb1a60da777">Re: This post is to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Highly frustrating! Glad you had a great time for your H's birthday!  
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hope that you get your house situated! I'm off to bed. :)
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010

edit---nevermind.. good night.. darn knot.. I have to refresh 100 times before I see the new posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards