New York-New York City
Options

Hotel Room Blocks - Bryant Park Hotel and others nearby

Hi - we're getting married on May 5, 2012 at the Bryant Park Grill.  The bridal suite at the Bryant Park Hotel is part of the deal, and we're going to request a block of rooms there as well.  

Three questions I'm hoping you can help me with:
1.  How early have you contacted NYC hotels for your wedding?
2.  Has anyone booked a block of rooms at Bryant Park Hotel?  If so, what was the rate?
3.  What other mid-town hotel recommendations does everyone have?

Thanks!

J
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Hotel Room Blocks - Bryant Park Hotel and others nearby

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You just call the hotel and request to speak to the person in charge of booking wedding blocks. We're booking at Hudson Hotel (57th and 9th Ave) and Ravel Hotel in LIC since we're getting married in LIC. Prices totally vary on the season and whether you request a better rate (I'm a big bargainer so always do, doesn't hurt to ask). You should have a list of questions to ask so you can get the basics. When we were calling we had a Google doc and just went down the list of questions we had then booked a time to see the rooms of the places we wanted to book.

Here are some of our questions:
    what are your block rates?
    how many can we book at a time?
    what is your cancellation policy? (when do you need to cancel room blocks to not incur charges)
    Do you have parking?
    If guests find a better rate on a travel site will you match it?
    Will you give out gift bags to guests at registration for no charge? When can we drop them?
    Can the special rate be extended pre- post- the block nights for guests wanting to stay longer?
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a block at The New Yorker on 34th and 8th. which worked out great. The don't remember the exact cancellation policy, but it was really reasonable. I think we had to release rooms like a week before or something like that.

The only thing I would mention is that you should request only rooms with two double beds because the rooms with only 1 bed can be very small. Our bridal suite was #3810 on the 38th floor right under the New Yorker sign with a HUGE terrace and it was amazing.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    lynnjvlynnjv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know what the minimum amount of rooms you needed to get a discount?  I am having a relatively small wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards