Wedding Etiquette Forum

veronabrit blog

Re: veronabrit blog

• I wouldn't want people to see me every day.  I look like crap ran over twice at work.
    Photobucket
  • There are a TON of blogs about what people wear on a daily basis. She's not odd in that regard. I kind of like seeing what people wear b/c I'm pretty boring. 

And yeah, there's no denying she's gorgeous. Just a shiit ton of work that goes into it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wonder how many Veronabrit wannabes there are out in the world.  I find the worship bizarre. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:95d23015-1e6a-4a8f-9ae0-833152da8424">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder how many Veronabrit wannabes there are out in the world.  I find the worship bizarre. 
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

its fascinating.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:8a106858-5044-40ed-a093-838b9c1f3f7f">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]  If people aren't into beauty and fashion, good for them.  Not everyone has to like the same things.   There's nothing wrong with the fact she is though.  Her liking makeup and fashion is no different than someone else having a huge interest in running or running a photography blog.  She's very knowledgeable about what she's talking about and there IS an audience for it.  Look how many followers she has. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. Call me superficial if you want, but I do take note of my appearance. I was just honestly shocked as to how many products she uses. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:31e89771-1cca-49db-bdca-5b8a046d1b03">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought the same thing about the body wash/ soap. Weird.  GG I'm jealous that you can get away with that. I had horrible skin in HS so I'm self conscious if I don't have anything on. But I'm talking bareminerals, blush, mascara done. Chapstick is the only lip stuff I wear. 
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

I don't have great skin, but I'm also not self-conscious about it. I know it's not perfect and I don't care to make it look perfect. I'm lazy like that. I do have makeup though and I wear it for special occasions, but that's it. If I can find a good, 5-minute routine that makes me look fresher, then maybe I'll give it a try on a regular basis.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:e31b6136-ad80-409a-8248-ce20f59f5f18">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS  You would be shocked and appalled at how many girls in the blog world do daily outfit posts. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Her's is the only one I've seen---but, I'll take your word for it {read: I will not be searching for others}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't get teh link to work. Just me?
  • I do have to say it kind of makes me chuckle that she's so seemingly high maintenance but she likes Forever 21...I don't think I ever seriously went into that store for anything but a skanky top to wear to the bar in college.
  • I went through a phase where I tried to keep up with the latest fashions, trends and set out to "learn" about designers, etc.  It never caught.  I just don't care that much.  I used to envy those who had that knowledge, but not anymore.  It's too much for me to remember to use my Proactiv twice daily.  So, yeah.  More power to you.
  • edited February 2010
    I actually counted up what I use, and it's about 14. Honestly, it all is pretty quick. I don't do that on a daily basis (make-up) wise, but I do every day on my hair and skin care. And, I'm taking her picture in for my make up. I feel weird about that, but I love that 'dewy' look that she had.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • how does it lift one's mood to see cute ruffles?
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Forever 21 does have really cute clothes, especially tops. I can never find any that looks decent on me though.
  • Actually Forever 21 has some really amazing deals. It's a great place for accessories and I've gotten a couple of really cute and flattering dresses there. You just have to dig sometimes. Plus it's SO affordable.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:356c9a58-8a57-479e-aa80-ee3a95336d6c">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have to say it kind of makes me chuckle that she's so seemingly high maintenance but she likes Forever 21...I don't think I ever seriously went into that store for anything but a skanky top to wear to the bar in college.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I think you have to dig.  I know a girl that shops at forever 21 and charlotte russe.  She always looks really cute, and I go in there and see skanky corsets and mini skirts.
    Photobucket
  • Just don't put anything from Forever 21 in the dryer. Guaranteed to shrink/ruin it fast. I have gotten quite a few tops from there. Now I really want that ruffled shirt...
  • You really do have to dig. And the merchandise definitely varies stop to store. It reminds me of a TJ Maxx or Marshall's in that sense.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:356c9a58-8a57-479e-aa80-ee3a95336d6c">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have to say it kind of makes me chuckle that she's so seemingly high maintenance but she likes Forever 21...I don't think I ever seriously went into that store for anything but a skanky top to wear to the bar in college.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the idea is that you invest in things that you will wear a few times a week (work pumps, nice coat, nice suit, black dress, etc) but the things you pair them with (tops to go with the suit pieces, fun jewelry) you don't want to spend a lot of money on b/c those are the things that change in what's "trendy." </div><div>
    </div><div>At least I think thats the idea in theory. I'm on student loans, so anything nice I have is pretty much the result of a gift.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:8e434752-213d-4601-889c-beebd2ff986b">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't get teh link to work. Just me?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

The clicky doesn't work- try copying and pasting, it should work then.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:c1f54cb9-2ea1-429a-a0aa-c82e8b147f79">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: veronabrit blog : I think you have to dig.  I know a girl that shops at forever 21 and charlotte russe.  She always looks really cute, and I go in there and see skanky corsets and mini skirts.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Ah.  I'm not a very good digger.  I like deals but if they are not right in front of me I give up :)
  • The verona worship bugged me, but it wasn't until the shower/dogs in bed thing did I realize that I find her incredibly hypocritical.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:d915ae63-b341-4ced-8e93-fb1931a54fd0">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: veronabrit blog : I think the idea is that you invest in things that you will wear a few times a week (work pumps, nice coat, nice suit, black dress, etc) but the things you pair them with (tops to go with the suit pieces, fun jewelry) you don't want to spend a lot of money on b/c those are the things that change in what's "trendy." 
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

Is this not common sense? I hope that doesn't sound snarky, I honestly don't mean it too.  I've always just assumed this is something women know. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:dbe9b2db-f8d0-4a0b-81fc-79e8d5877f53">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]The verona worship bugged me, but it wasn't until the shower/dogs in bed thing did I realize that I find her incredibly hypocritical.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

I agree. I do think that her wedding looked really nice and that she is a gorgeous girl, but the shower/dogs in bed dialogue <u>was</u> hypocritical.
  • I must have missed that whole thing. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:1fca610c-2e03-4da6-9303-fe3db8d98c00">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: veronabrit blog : Is this not common sense? I hope that doesn't sound snarky, I honestly don't mean it too.  I've always just assumed this is something women know. 

<div>Yeah, I thought it was pretty much known, but since I dont generally have the money to "invest" in clothes, I doubt people will really take my opinion.</div>
  • salt - she blasted people because we all didn't shower at least twice a day and said how incredibly gross it was and how she'd never get into bed dirty.

Then what's-her-face (pink wedding, kid with butterfly wings) called her out on the fact that her dogs sleep IN the bed with them and that their asses are full of germs and stuff.

I also thought that her wedding wasn't as spectacular as everyone made it out to be and she had some awful looking DIY stuff.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:1fca610c-2e03-4da6-9303-fe3db8d98c00">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: veronabrit blog : Is this not common sense? I hope that doesn't sound snarky, I honestly don't mean it too.  I've always just assumed this is something women know. 

Eastie, I think you'd be surprised how many people don't think of this plan. For example, the majority of middle aged women in my office.  They take frump to a new level. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:53e1f183-a028-40fe-b75c-4f249f3331a1">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]salt - she blasted people because we all didn't shower at least twice a day and said how incredibly gross it was and how she'd never get into bed dirty. <strong>Then what's-her-face (pink wedding, kid with butterfly wings)</strong> called her out on the fact that her dogs sleep IN the bed with them and that their asses are full of germs and stuff. I also thought that her wedding wasn't as spectacular as everyone made it out to be and she had some awful looking DIY stuff.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

NF?

I think that she defended the dog thing by saying that she wipes his paws, and changes her sheets often? I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.
  • I thought she looked gorgeous for her wedding but the actual wedding itself wasn't anything that would be in like a magazine like people made it out to be. And her bridesmaids looked a little hookerish.
  • Or should I say her "vow renewal". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards