New York-New York City

Search for a Venue in the Boros/L.I.

Is there nothing decent or nothing at all under $80/pp?! OR under 100 pp guarantee? :(

Re: Search for a Venue in the Boros/L.I.

• I know your frustration since me and FH were having the same issue. We have to guarantee 115 people at the Riviera and I have about 125 on my guest list  :/  Most places say if you cant meet the guarantee, they still charge you for the minimum amount of guests.

Are you willing to have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday? A lot of places lower the guest guarantee on these days.

Where in NY are you looking into? I know of a few places in Brooklyn that are within your price range and guest guarantee. You can check out the Hudson River Yacht Club, Gennaros, Sirico's, Michael's and i would also try Giando's On The Water.

Good Luck!
    Good Luck!
  • We are planning a Friday for the sake of saving.  FH refuses a Sunday. We are looking forso in Long Island because I crave teh outdoor scenery more than the indoor.. although I'm noticiing palces with gardens or water views have shitty indoors ;( 

Will look into a few of those place... FYI My parents went on their 1st date at Michael's over 40 years ago when it was still  a pizzeria <3 Thats our fav place. Hoping to have an engagement dinner there.
  • That's too funny! I've been to Michael's for a bridal shower and the food was really good.

Me and FH were looking into places in LI too for the scenery since we are getting married at the hall, We also noticed that the rooms weren't that pretty either or the way the room was set up was awful! Did you check out the Coral House or Thatched Cottage? The only thing is I don't really know much about them. After being stuck in traffic for 2 hours getting to Crestwood Manor, I refused to go to LI.

• OMG Crestwood Manor <333 My best friend got married there and it was spectacular. I base everything by her wedding (which is maybe a problem sincer her wedding cost $40,000 and our budget is about $20K)
    We checked Coral House.. it's starting to become a joke now. We loved everything they were giving us, in our budget and on a SATURDAY after going over the price of it all but we just don't like the room. So we're stuck. We'd get everything we want and in budget so it's making me nuts. 
    I just called some of those places and they were either over $100/pp or the I already know I'm not interested. It's ok... downing a glass of wine now as I call and get more "$150/pp" answers.
    Coral is probably our best and also looked at Swan Club. Taking FH there when the grounds are in bloom or he won't like it.
  • Oops it was Crest Hollow I thought you meant.. not sure of Crestwood Manor. Sorry. :/
  • LOL! my cousin got married there and my parents said it wasn't as good as they thought it would be. I guess it depends on what the people put on the menu and the room t pick. My parents were all the way in the back and couldn't see anything. That's why I like rooms that have the dance floor in the middle so everyone can see.

I honestly think the Coral House would be your best bet based on your budget. Even though you may not like the room, you can always make it reflect your style. Don't get your self upset over this. I know it's hard I've been there TRUST ME! LOL! In the end it will all work out. There were many nights I cried because i felt we weren't going to be able to afford anything but it worked out in the end.
  • Yea they had the best cocktail hour ever. The most food and must've been the big room since they had 200+ ppl. SO it varies I guess based on your menu/room.

Thanks for the words.. I've cried and gotten so frustrated. After my 8th phone call in a row calling venues and them telling me either too high on the head count or the price, I realizedI called the next venue and was crying on the phone asking their prices... I then decided to takea break lol. I told FH I bet we are going to end up with Coral or Swan club and we will just need to get a ton of awesome decoration to make it what we want.
  • Hi everyone I might be able to be of some assistance. I actually got married in LI and had my wedding at Leonards Catering a/k/a La dolche Vita I HIGHLY recommend it. I got married in 2008 and to this day everyone raives about the reception. I also went to a wedding at the Jericho Terrace also very beautiful and a fantastic time
  • Weird.. totally thought I responded but guess it didnt go through.
    Coral House is stuck in my head like its going to come down to them and I will just make it work with lots of awesome decorations.
    I've cried n wanted to pull my hair out its so frustrating!!!
    LUAnn, JennyBarbie we are going to check out Leonard's. Only thing is those places were all slightly over or very much so over the $80/pp.. :( 
  • Hey I can help.  Give me a call/text or message me.  I PMed you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards