Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confused about invites...

How early should the wedding invites go out? I was thinking about 3 months before to give the guests time schedule their vacation if needed and book the hotel room(s) (the hotel has a cut off for the block of rooms which is one month before the wedding) So we were planning on sending out the invitations in about a month but my MOH is planning my bridal shower and because of time constraints my shower will be two months before my wedding.
My problem is I would kind of like to have a plan for when both the invites go out because I do not want people to get the shower invites without receiving the wedding invites first. BUT I don’t want her to feel like I am trying to micro manage the whole thing....
Would it be horrible if I said nothing and the guests received my shower invites first? (EVERYONE that is invited to my shower is of course invited to my wedding but I don’t want them to feel as if they are not)
Anniversary

Re: Confused about invites...

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Wedding invitations traditionally go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  It's fairly common for guests to receive shower invitations before wedding invitations if the shower is held 6-8 weeks before the wedding.
  • Options

Also, not sure if this is good etiquette or bad etiquette, but if you were to send save the dates before the shower invites, all guests would realise that they're invited to the wedding. I had a friend who send out email STDs which I thought was fine (great for planning, since I live far away) so it doesn't even have to cost a lot.

• Options

I didnt even think of this! I did send out save the dates about 6 months ago so I'm set... Thank you!!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards