New York-New York City
Options

Dealing with Wedding Cake Vendors

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.  I am trying to book a cake vendor for my upcoming wedding in April and think I have found one we like, but her set-up doesn't seem completely professional so I wanted to check what is the norm - it may be just me with high expectations on responsiveness and contracts!

We met with the vendor eventually and outlined our design etc.  She has come back with literally a number in an email as her quote, no details or anything.  Is this usual?  Should I ask for a copy of the design first?

Her reviews are outstanding, but I just can't but feel that there is something a little weird....maybe that should be enough for me not to go with her!

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Dealing with Wedding Cake Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's crazy just to send a number.

You should have a detailed info and couple of options of design as well.. What if she didn't get your vision right?
    Do not pay anything until you had your tasting, drawings and a contract..

Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some cake designers won't send you a design for the cake w/out a contract.  You should however ask for a detailed quote - ie: what you're getting w/the amount you'd pay (regardless if it's an invoice or via email) and have a tasting before moving forward.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both very much, glad to know I am not being unreasonable! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards