New York-New York City

Restaurant Wedding Reception

Hi Guys! I'm finally planning my wedding after MONTHS of discussions regarding guest lists & destination etc for December 2013. We've finally decided on a small, initmate wedding in NYC (outer boros included) for a total of 75 friends & family. But after that point, I'm stuck. We were thinking holding the reception in a restaurant (also buying a house this year so, we have a pretty strict budget). Anyone have any ideas of where I can start to research? Or perhaps any suggestions about weddings that you've been to that were held in a restaurant in lieu of a catering hall? Any advice/suggestions are so greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Andrea

Re: Restaurant Wedding Reception

• Hi, My fiance and I are having our reception at a restaurant in October 2013. We did a lot of research on these forums and NYMag. I also spent a lot of time on OpenTable searching for their event spaces in restaurants. There are a lot of choices! Your best bet for a tight budget (which we are trying to work in as well) is to find a restaurant with a private space that works with minimums, rather than rental fees for the space. That way, you are just paying for the food, alcohol and service, not to just BE in the space.

We ended up choosing City Hall Restaurant. We have been working with Amira, and I love her. We are so excited! Good luck with your search!
  • I found ReBar to have a great deal for smaller weddings. Its not for us (we're doing Water's Edge), but its quite economical.
  • Went to Water's Edge today. Gorgeous! And they were willing to allow us to have less than 100 ppl if we wanted. This venue is definitely in the running. We have a few more places to see tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • We are definitely taking your advice. Site fees can be killer. Tomorrow, we'll be looking at a few more places. At this point, we're also seriously considering a destination wedding. Lets see how that goes. Thanks!
  • I have heard of a few people getting married here: http://www.thalassanyc.com/weddings.html

I am not sure what their pricing is like, but it doesnt hurt to look!

Michelle www.michellelange.com/blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards