Wedding Etiquette Forum

A Situation

Okay, so my FI and I are going to his little sister's wedding this weekend.  His family situation is kind of weird; his mom passed away 6 years ago, and his dad quickly got remarried to a woman that his mom's family (to whom he is still close) doesn't really like.  His mom's sister and his step-mother pretty much hate one another and have apparently always harbored animosity toward one another. 

My FI has a twin brother (who is engaged to my MOH), a little sister and a little brother, and while my FI and his twin left for college soon after their mom passed, his two younger siblings stayed in the house with their stepmom and haven't had much contact with their mother's family since her passing. 

The stepmom and the aunt have always seemed like they were trying to convince me and my MOH that the aunt and stepmom were evil and didn't really care about my FI or FBIL, but it's all coming to a head now that my FSIL's wedding is this weekend.  It turns out my FI's family somehow isn't attending the rehearsal dinner (I'm not sure if they were invited or uninvited) and is having their own dinner the night before the wedding. 

This whole long story has been to ask WHAT THE CRAP DO I DO?!?!   I don't want to be seen as playing favorites, as neglecting the bride or as a bitch who is wanting to start more drama.  I am to the point of not even wanting to go, but I promised to help decorate the sanctuary for the ceremony, so I'm kinda stuck.  I don't want to have to take Xanax to make it through the weekend!  HELP!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards