New York-New York City
Options

Engagement Party

Hi all.  I am new to the knot boards and am a little nervous.  I am recently engaged, and  am planning an engagement party.  My mom and my fmil will be helping out.  It's going to be very informal, bbq style with only a small amount of people.  My question is, has anyone ever had or thought of having it at Prospect Park.  We can always do it at my fils home but I like the outdoorsy feel of the park.  Please help.  I have no idea where to start.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Party

• Options
    Carried2Carried2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! Good luck and don't be nervous. Propect Park is a beautiful spot! I actually go to play frisbee with a friend and I see that they have BBQ's and people  having informal parties all the time. I check the Park's Department website just to make sure you comply with any rules they might have. You might want to consider a tent if they allow. I've seen people set up long tables and chairs impromptu.
  • Options
    novellasnovellas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBQs are okay at prospect park, tents are not allowed. for a large event a 25 dollar permit is required :)
  • Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you going to use the Picnic House?  Its so pretty.  You should check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto novellas.  Depending on what day and time you are thinking about, be sure to get there early, otherwise, you may have a hard time finding an acceptable space, since you can't just bbq in any area - and many folks tend to use the space they are able to snag all day long...
  • Options
    leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing it at the Picnic house, cost to much.  I'm filling out the permit soon becasue I will be having more then 25 people. 

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards