New York-New York City
Options

Wedding at Sunset Beach on Shelter Island?

Has anyone had a wedding at Sunset Beach on Shelter Island? I'm considering it beacuse I'm a California native living in NYC, wanting a slice of the beach for my wedding. It's only open during the summer months, but has anyone planned a wedding there? I'm shooting for Summer 2012. If so, did you have your guests stay on the island? Is it realistic for guests to go back to NYC?

Re: Wedding at Sunset Beach on Shelter Island?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer just shot a wedding on shelter Island at the Pridwin overlooking sunset beach. We referred him to the couple. I grew up out there and we still go out every weekend to see my parents. I believe a ton of the guests stayed at the hotel. Their are b&b's, hotels..etc etc...let me know if you want to talk to my photographer or if you have any questions, I can maybe answer them or put you in touch with someone.
    Just Married Photo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be so helpful! Thanks so much. I'd love to talk to the photographer. I know that Shelter Island is a seasonal place, and Susnet Beach is closed until May. I'm trying to plan for a late Summer 2012 wedding. Are businesses shut down for the most part in the fall/winter months? I'm trying to find a contact at the hotel, which is currently closed. Is it realistic that our guests would be able to make it back to Manhattan, or does the ferry stop running at a certain point? I understand that it's about a 3 hour trip back. I have to say I've never been, but am very intrigued by it. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just sent you a private message.
    Just Married Photo
  • Options
    Did you decide on this place? I am also interested :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards