Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

11 am Wedding-what to wear

My son's wedding is at 11am, what is the appropriate dress to wear? Gown? Cocktail?

Re: 11 am Wedding-what to wear

• Options
    I would wear knee or tea.
  • Options
    I would wear a knee length dress.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I like the idea of tea length, but calling the MOB isn't a bad idea.
  • Options
    I think a longer dress would be fine in a light color and non sparkly/shimmery/shiny fabric.  Are the bridesmaids wearing long or short dresses?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    My wedding was at 11:00AM.

MIL wore a knee length black & white cocktail dress
    SMIL wore a full length flowy gown in navy
    My mom wore separates...a gray pencil skirt and pink cardi set.

My bridesmaids wore short chiffon dresses.

They all looked nice. If you are concerned, why not ask your son and his FI?                    
  • Options

i was married at 11 and both moms wore floor length (although not formal) dresses.  my MOH also wore a floor length gown.

• Options
    I was married at 11:30, and I wore a tea-length suit with a sparkly jacket - kind of like the suit that "Sex and the city" Carrie wore when she married Big at the end of the movie.  Actually it was kind of like the MOB suit that the MOB wears in the "Father of the Bride" remake with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton.

My mom wore a to-the-knee suit from the Delta Burke line, darker color skirt and the jacket had a white collar and white cuffs and white decorated buttons down the front.  MOG wore a one-piece dress with fitted bodice, in a darker color with a very small floral print. 
  • Options
    I l like the idea of tea length or floor length in a lighter color. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards