Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

ALL NO'S FOR BRIDAL SHOWER

2»

Re: ALL NO'S FOR BRIDAL SHOWER

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I would be up front with your friend and tell her that, unfortunately, most people are unable to attend. I like PPs' suggestions of still making it a really nice day for her. If it will be more than just the two of you, I still might have a small shower. One of my showers was 10 people including my mom and I and it was a blast! The biggest shower out of the three was my least favorite actually because it was all H's relatives I never had met before and took forEVER to get through the gifts (plus it was awkward to open a gift and not know who the person was). So there is something to be said for small showers.

If it is just you two and you want to forego a shower, taking her out for a spa day or lunch and shopping I think would be fun for her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Ditto PPs on giving her a fabulous day out, bring the MOH, BM and bride and make a day of it, whatever you think she'd like to do.  I never got a shower for my first wedding, no one offered to throw me one, and THAT was heart wrenching for me.  I hope to have one this time around and I don't care that I'm going to be 40 and he's in late 30s (yeah, I'm robbing the cradle, lol.)  I would be glad to know of the cancelations this far out, too. 

I threw a baby shower where only the people who helped us set up came, so we had all of that food and just ate like pigs and laughed and talked.  Come to think of it, that was one of the best baby showers I've ever been to.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_all-nos-for-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4d34a8f0-1ee6-4e60-98b9-a3e243168a37Post:9a013ab1-4b33-4bc9-9cd9-b2c2792d377b">Re: ALL NO'S FOR BRIDAL SHOWER</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALL NO'S FOR BRIDAL SHOWER : I'm the same way.  I hate showers, regardless of who they're for, and I avoid them as much as possible. I tried to decline but no one would take no for an answer except my friends, who threw an "unshower."  We had food and watched movies, it was awesome.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad to hear from other people who hate showers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards