New York-New York City
Options

Any Recommendations for a Photographer?

Hi Ladies!

My wedding is in July 2012 and the reception is in Tarrytown, NY. Does any have any recommendations for a wedding photographer? I am not all that artsy, I just want someone that will do a good job and get some good, fun pics, but won't be over kill. And who is also affordable!

Any info is appreciated!!

Re: Any Recommendations for a Photographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like Kimberly Salem and she travels out of NYC. Susan Stripling is also great as is Marie Labbancz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Jessica with Jessica Oh Photography based out of N. New Jersey - she's extremely affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure wha your budget is but we had Julian Ribinik and we couldnt have had a more gorgerous pictures! He travels and works with different budgets. Good luck:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check our Cinematic by David M, Amanda Picconne, or Jennifer Morais.
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer was based in Louisiana since we did a destination wedding, but I'm also a photographer (I couldn't be my own photographer!) so check out www.angelicacriscuolophotography.com and if my style is not what you're looking for I have recommendations as well! Plus I have a network for makeup, wedding planners, photo booths, etc. Knotties helping other knotties is what it's all about!
    -Angelica
    www.angelicacriscuolophotography.com
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at Wendygphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out Red Sweatshirt Photography. They get great reviews, super nice, reasonably priced and talented. Our engagement photos came out great, they are shooting our wedding and they shot some friends weddings in the past. Definitely worth looking into. http://www.theredsweatshirt.com
    Just Married Photo
  • Options
    JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend from college who works for a major wedding studio and he gave me the names of some photographers.

Here's some of the ones I liked the best. From what I can tell these photographers have a distinct style that makes them different. I'll try to describe them but it's probably better if you just take a look at their stuff yourself.

http://www.angelicaglass.com  more for a quirky, off beat type of bride? She calls it the cheeky bride. Like if you're going to wear sneakers with your gown and are tatted up, she's for you.

http://susanstripling.com Very artistic and stylish. She's got lots of awards.

http://www.gemasana.com gives you photos of your real moments with lots of emotion in them. Kind of modern and classic at the same time. Timeless.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica Beckman @ Clean Plate Pictures!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Susan Stripling and Anthony Vasquez in the city. Cliff Mautner is in NJ and easily accessible to NY. Also check out Justin & Mary out of CT. All are FABULOUS photographers in the area!
  • Options
    crosenbloomcrosenbloom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used 4 Eyes, Kellie  and Rupert for our daughters wedding on 9/10/11. They are by far the most talented couple now in NYC. Not only do they create incredible shots, it's just plain fun to work with them. They book out quickly so check them out. You will not be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gruber Photographers

ABOUT GRUBER PHOTOGRAPHERS

At Gruber Photographers, one simple truth inspires all our work: a moment is defined not only by its subject, but also by the effect it has on those who share it. 
We believe life's most important moments deserve to be captured with this in mind.

There are TWO DAYS LEFT to enter this CONTEST to WIN a FREE DAY of Wedding photo services by a luxury photo group in NYC (they covered Catherine Zeta Jones' wedding.) Sign up on their facebook page for yourself, family member, or a friend. Good Luck!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gruberphotographers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adeline and Grace Photography
    Amanda Picone Photography
    Angelica Studios
    Anthony Vazquez Photography

I would look into these photographers. i've heard all good things about them
  • Options
    sowinnahsowinnah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  I also booked with Jessica Oh! Photography :)  She is seriously so sweet and we are so glad we went with her!  She has a unique style....think vintage and dreamy with some edginess and quirkiness.  From the first time we spoke to her we felt at ease.  Every email is like talking to an old friend and she is constantly checking in on us, making great suggestions and helping us with so much more than the pictures.  She has really fun ideas and likes to incorporate things like props.  We absolutely adore her!

and she is always updating and posting on her facebook:

I hope this helps!  Tell her Sophia sent you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards