New York-New York City
Options

What to Wear Hamptons May - Day Wedding - HELP

Attending a wedding at a beach club in the Hampton the first weekend in May at 11:30 am. . What should I wear?
Not from NYC or LI and I'm clueless!!
Is a short black cocktail dress appropriate?? With black sandals and small black bag??
OR
How about a halter top - long flowy-- dress in a peachy color? With strappy sandals and a bone colored wrap??
OR - Suggest something!!!!
Have no clue and the last wedding I went to in March at  the Westbury Manor at 12:30 in the afternoon - EVERYONE wore black cocktail dresses .... except me.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Re: What to Wear Hamptons May - Day Wedding - HELP

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It's can be chilly right on the beach even with the sun shining.

I would say a short black dress, not too dressy for 11;30 though.  NOT long flowy dress though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't wear a black cocktail dress to a beachy day-time wedding.  I think you could go more casual.  I would wear a color or something bright.  A sun dress would be appropriate.  You should definitely plan to take a wrap, since May could be cold.

If you know the venue, that would help.  Is it a yacht club or a catering hall?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a beach club venue - wedding will be poolside not at the beach. Catered affair - approx 200 people. Starts at 11:30.
    The long flowy dress has a halter top - it is a peachy pink paisley (sophisticated small print). I would wear it with a bone colored wrap that goes with it. Is it OUT to wear a long dress during an afternoon wedding?? thanks for any thoughts you may have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11:30am on a beach is just doesn't call for black, imho.  I assume the reception is right after; I'd go with someone on the lighter side (color wise), and not go too short (tea length is always sophisticated and will work for just about every type of wedding).

If you are still unsure, contact the bride or groom (if you are friends with either), if they have a website, check it out for any info on attire (I certainly put that on mine), or ask what other friends are wearing.  While I wouldn't wear black, if you know enough who are and feel okay that your dress will be appropriate, then you can pull it off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The peachy dress sounds fine to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards