Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Yay for Tuesday!

124»

Re: Yay for Tuesday!

• Options
    I thought this was interesting:

I was informed by my Cuban insect sprayer that you can't get "real" Cuban food in Tampa, and that the Tampian Cuban sandwich is "wrong" because it often has salami in it.  Apparently, a hundred years ago, the Cuban and Italian immigrants who lived in Tampa lived near to each other, and some Italian meat slipped into Cuban food.

Meh.  I'll put it out there that my (half-Cuban) H hates the Columbia.  He sticks to home cooking or holes in the wall for his Cuban food fix.  I don't know if that's because he doesn't like the fancied up versions of Cuban food or what.
  • Options
    Mica learned something new today! ;)
  • Options

When I eat there, I eat the salad, cubans and platanos. So I don't really know much about the other food. But I love those three things.

Where I work now, I get authentic Mexican food. It is completely different than even the smaller family type places I have previously been to. I love it when the secretary in the office makes fresh salsa with her stone grinder.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Does he like La Teresita, Mica? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:c372cd26-7b4c-457c-8474-d200ec658bdd">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought this was interesting: I was informed by my Cuban insect sprayer that you can't get "real" Cuban food in Tampa, and that the Tampian Cuban sandwich is "wrong" because it often has salami in it.  Apparently, a hundred years ago, the Cuban and Italian immigrants who lived in Tampa lived near to each other, and some Italian meat slipped into Cuban food. Meh.  I'll put it out there that my (half-Cuban) H hates the Columbia.  He sticks to home cooking or holes in the wall for his Cuban food fix.  I don't know if that's because he doesn't like the fancied up versions of Cuban food or what.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever had a Cuban with salami in it.

I think that i do WANT to try a Cuban with salami...

Clearly, authenticity can bite my ass.
  • Options
    We haven't gone out for Cuban food for a while.  With a bunch of family celebrations lately, we've had the home cooking versions that H's family makes, much better (and no salami).  But I intend to recommend La Teresita the next time we want Cuban food and want to eat out.
  • Options
    I envy you a little, Eagles.  I'm bored out of my mind.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Almost there, Eagles! Good luck.
  • Options
    You can do this Eagles.....keep your eye on the prize!
  • Options
    You can do it Eagles! Petal- a lot of people despise subbing, especially here in my districts. The behavior is aweful, but you get to fine tune your patience! I really like the younger grades and special Ed. I don't know what I would get certified in yet though. I have to see what I already have te most credits towards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards