Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Green

I'm feeling jealous tonight for no good reason.
T's sister just posted that she is excited for her "Family photos" (her, her daughter and her bf (not daughters dad)) Vom.
Another friend posted they just got a new 50" in. tv and VS fashion show is on.

Re: Green

• Options
    My sister and best friend are hanging out this week at my sister's house in the mountains and I'm super jealous. Best friend doesn't have a job, and sister's husband is traveling, so it's awesome that they can keep each other company, but I'm still jealouse as hell that I can't be up there, drinking and laughing with them.
  • Options
    Yep, no good reason.

Be jealous of me: I'm watching the GEICO pothole commercial. 
  • Options
    I had a girl in the store tonight who was my age and her mom was buying her all these new clothes.  I won't lie, I was a little jealous.  In reality, I should be glad I am now self sufficient.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am jealous of every woman who is out of college and has a career going. Meh, it happens. We all turn into the envy monster sometimes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_green?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:52014747-272c-4745-b90f-10dddf409637Post:b8ce00cd-7a39-49d4-a62c-2942271765b5">Re: Green</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, no good reason. Be jealous of me: I'm watching the GEICO pothole commercial. 
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I love that they made the pothole a Southern girl lol!
  • Options
    Good grief.  I can't imagine....well I can, but I am thinking my car payment is more important.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ricks, I love that commercial!  I quote it all the time.  FI wants to leave me because it.  That and the singing and dancing. ;p
  • Options
    CS I'm jealous of that girl too! I looked at boots online today and all the pairs I liked were 300-400 dollars.
  • Options
    I love that commercial! I've talked enough about my strange children tonight, so I promise to shut up after this! C LOVES to run up and say, "Oh my! Did I do that? Let me get my cellular and call you a wrecker! Oooh, wait! I got no phone, I'm a pothole! ... ok, Bye!" in her best southern voice. It's AWESOME.
  • Options
    Every time my best friend talks about her job, I get jealous. And I'm jealous of a few other things too - I just try to remind myself of how lucky I am to have what I have and be where I am today. Cliche I know, but it does help when I'm green w/ envy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_green?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:52014747-272c-4745-b90f-10dddf409637Post:b47e74cb-8697-4526-8f3d-3e087619cf42">Re: Green</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricks, I love that commercial!  I quote it all the time.  FI wants to leave me because it.  That and the singing and dancing. ;p

I love it too. I don't know why, maybe because it IS a Southern girl;P
  • Options
    H's cousin got married the weekend after we did, so both of our pics, etc. came out around the same time. Their wedding was really different than ours: huge guest list, ballroom, limo bus, two photograhers and videographer, the whole nine. They had a lot more uh, help with paying for their wedding. I still like mine more, but I was jealous when I saw her professionally done wedding video posted on her FB. It looked like a movie and was really well done. I'm a bitch.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I'm jealous of anyone who has a job they love and make great money doing it. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_green?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:52014747-272c-4745-b90f-10dddf409637Post:0c8c5ee4-e410-4bb6-b7d7-a6c1de2a6cd2">Re: Green</a>:
    [QUOTE]H's cousin got married the weekend after we did, so both of our pics, etc. came out around the same time. Their wedding was really different than ours: huge guest list, ballroom, limo bus, two photograhers and videographer, the whole nine. They had a lot more uh, help with paying for their wedding. I still like mine more, but I was jealous when I saw her professionally done wedding video posted on her FB. It looked like a movie and was really well done. I'm a bitch.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    That doesn't make you a bitch haha. I deleted the  fb status about the new tv because I didn't want to see it...thats bratty.

When T's sister gets engaged (which I know will be soon and hopefully not during our cruise) I'm going to be really jealous, I know it's stupid and silly but I will..
  • Options
    Roxy, I'm hoping she doesn't get engaged on the cruise either.  I would be jealous too.
  • Options
    I get jealous of those who have 'normal' Christmas celebrations.  It's so simple and cost little to no money, but I would trade a great gift with speading xmas with DH any day.  (I work on xmas just like DH, so it's just not his job)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks roxy. I try not to be catty, but I think stuff like that just taps into my wedding regret (i.e., things I didn't do or wish I had done differently).

Hopefully your cruise is just fun and entertainment for all. Maybe T's sister's bf will want a more private setting for his proposal, so at least it won't be in your face while you're stuck on a boat with them.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_green?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:52014747-272c-4745-b90f-10dddf409637Post:6d83d7a0-da2f-497c-9227-3d8454e0de23">Re: Green</a>:
    [QUOTE]Roxy, I'm hoping she doesn't get engaged on the cruise either.  I would be jealous too.
    Haha seeing you say that made me realize how insanely selfish I sound. T keeps asking if it would ruin my cruise (it wouldn't) but I would be jealous.
  • Options
    Roxy- is this the same sister that dances in San Francisco? 'Cause I think that picture you posted the other night would be enough to make me jealous for, like, ever.

If not, whatev. I'm jealous of one of my high school friends who just passed the BAR; I'm just getting my BA in Dec and she's a year younger than me. Not happy for her/jealous either . . .  just jealous and inferior feeling. Lame.

Also, how is dragon boss lady? You might have posted about it, but my internet had been craptastic lately, so it's hard to view older posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards