Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Friday!

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    I was wondering that too Adamar.

A garlic festival sounds awesome!
  • Options
    Grover, it depends on the project.  If it's just simply knitting or purling, I can knit without looking down.  I can knit a simple sock (no pattern) without looking down.  Right now I'm working on a hat with two different colors (fair isle) and I have to watch every single stitch. 

Good on you for cabling!  I haven't been able to get comfortable with that yet.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Bay, I'm impressed with your foray into fair isle.  Looking at patterns for it, I'm always too chicken to try.  As for cabling, I found a relatively simple pattern a while back that the cables are just a C6F pattern, and only every 8th row.  It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who has to watch what I'm doing :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5229c53c-04bd-4813-a3d9-f3bd9c902873Post:63429a7b-71e3-4d01-827a-0947c4be14ea">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ack. It looks like the comments are down the middle on the dresses. heh heh. Well, it looks like the second one isn't in any stores around here, so I'll have to see if the first one fits right. I get nervous buying dresses without trying them on first. Ski -- I love Bonefish. <strong>Get the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. That ish is delicious.</strong>
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I second this suggestion.

Hi there! I don't have much today. I have to go to the new job to sign the papers to sign off on the background check and drug test. I had to get up super early with Lucas this morning so I could get my dad's car from Silver Spring.

Our POD is being delivered tomorrow and we have to somehow manage to get three parking spaces in a row, on a street with public parking. So I picked his car up so hopefully we can manage to get my car, his, and Lucas's work truck together this evening so we won't have issues tomorrow. We'll see how that works out.
  • Options
    Morning. This weekend isn't too exciting, thankfully because the past few weeks have been exhausting... FI & I are going to our church's "Date Night Challenge" tonight. Tomorrow is gym day and cleaning & Sunday will be spent at church in the a.m. then more cleaning & mentally preparing for mom's double mastectomy on Monday. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Friday! Hope everyone's Fridays pass by quickly!
  • Options
    Bang, Bang Shrimp it will be!  Thanks for the suggestion.

Good thoughts to you and your mom Josephwedding for Monday.
  • Options
    T&P josephwedding for your mom and your family!
  • Options
    Grover, it's actually a LOT easier than I thought it would be, simple because there is no pattern at all, it's just basically knitting a stockinette hat, only with two colors.  The only tricky thing is that my left hand is basically deadweight, so I have to keep doing knit one, drop the color, pick up the other color, knit one, etc.  I wish I was ambidextrous, I would knit so much faster.

• Options
    Morning!

Cfas, I am one of those people who doesn't know how to handle other people's grief very well, I'm sorry your H is like me. I hate it though and wish I knew what to say, I just get so awkward though.

I want to go to a garlic festival. Garlic is so good and good for you.

Ski, I'm going to go against the grain and suggest the saucy shrimp, especially if you like sun dried tomatoes. 
  • Options
    Good morning loves!
  • Options
    Cfas we're technically already moved. We're in Triangle, VA right near Dumfries. It's a little south, but our big dogs are staying with one Lucas's coworkers and she lives in Stafford so we wanted to live near her. When we can buy a house again we'll probably end up in MD. We'll see though. That's a year from now.
  • Options
    Hi Manda!  Are the Pandas all settled in?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Hokay, you guys should all come down and go to the festival with me. 
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Thanks all for the T&P, I'm just super glad mom will be getting better & is keeping positive. My mom is way cooler than me 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Man, Baby Panda gives me mad baby fever.

• Options
    Fezzy, if I wasn't running 13.1 miles on Sunday I totally would.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Gover generally I don't look when I'm knitting.  When I do Fair Isle, if it's two colors I don't have to look.  I still look down every so often, but I remember if the pattern is 4-1-4-1 or whatever.  I also put space markers at the beginning of every single section so if it's groups of 10 stitches, and there are 200+ stitches, if I'm at the wrong color/stitch at the end of the ten it's easier than realizing it way later, and reverse knitting 2 rows.  I HATE THAT. 

ETA: Good luck Adamar!!!! That is awesome!
  • Options
    A garlic festival has my name written all over it.
  • Options
    Megbo, that's what I'm doing with the hat I'm making now!  It makes correcting mistakes so much easier!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5229c53c-04bd-4813-a3d9-f3bd9c902873Post:3e09cc08-a699-4133-8bb6-d799a122da9a">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fezzy, if I wasn't running 13.1 miles on Sunday I totally would.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    You get a pass, I'm going to see you in two weeks. SQUEE!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5229c53c-04bd-4813-a3d9-f3bd9c902873Post:7ff2128f-60d5-4865-8b34-5e5dc8d09913">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megbo, that's what I'm doing with the hat I'm making now!  It makes correcting mistakes so much easier!
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome!!! Isn't it way easier? Do you have pictures? We should definitely swap patterns sometime.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Or just get together and knit because we live kindaaaa close.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS Thanks for making me want to knit again, I haven't all winter because I started a cable sweater for FI and messed up right away and I need to undo like 3 rows, and with 300 something stitches I wanted to rip my hair out.  I also HATE swatches.</div>
  • Options
    I'll be working in Old Town Alexandria.

I want to go to the Garlic Festival. Good luck at your race Adamar!
  • Options
    MK, you are going to be SO CLOSE TO ME!!!! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Morning. Cooper is an asshole. No one in our house slept last night because he just HAD to lay in the middle of the bed.
  • Options
    Yeah Anna & Cfas if you all want to help unload a POD tomorrow, the more the merrier. :-P :-)
  • Options
    Mmm...Garlic Festival

That sounds like my kind of place.  I'd have to make FI go with me and eat as much garlic if it was here though, so at least we both would be permeating garlic from our pores, and so he wouldn't be repulsed by the smell :)
  • Options
    Oh god Special I had a terrible night sleep last night. Apparently we're just not meant for air mattresses. The two we've had so far end up just deflating through the night. Last night was the worst. Thank god we've only got one more night with that stupid thing. I'll be so happy to have my bed back. I've been without it since October.
  • Options
    Megbo, swatching is a necessary evil. Because I refused to do it, I once ended up with a sweater that could fit two people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards