New York-New York City
Options

Two thumbs down for Lion in the Sun

I was so excited to use Lion in the Sun (Park Slope).  I heard great things about it.  I came here for my wedding invitations and Melinda was very helpful in helping me pick out invitations.  I chose an invitation and decided to order them and put a deposit down.  Two weeks later I got a call from Lion in the Sun asking if I wanted to order the invitations.  THEY FORGOT TO SUBMIT MY ORDER.  I got the invitations relatively quickly after that but all of my overseas invitations did not go out on time, they went out with all of the in-country invitations.  
Then my mother used Lion in the Sun for my bridal shower invitations and had a great experience.  I figured the invitation issue was a fluke and went back to have tags made up for my favors.  I ordered them on April 5th.  Melinda said I should have them by the next week.  On April 13th I called and they said that I should have the invitations by the end of the week.  On Friday I called and I was told they shipped on April 14th.  Hmmm...how suspicious.  I called again today (my wedding is on April 24th) and got the tracking number from one of the girls who works there.  I looked up my shipment on UPS and it states that my billing information was received on April 14th...the day after I called them.  So, they once again FORGOT TO SUBMIT MY ORDER.  I don't know if it's just me that they have a problem with or what but I'm completely furious.  Now instead of finishing my wedding favors at my leisure I will have to spend the last couple of days preparing everything else on top of threading tags through favors.  Lion in the Sun can present themselves as upscale and chic if they want but it all means nothing because they obviously can't complete an order correctly.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Two thumbs down for Lion in the Sun

• Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be so annoyed too!!  That stinks :-(  At least they are on the way though, and you followed up with them!!!  Imagine if you hadn't!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm very picky; I would not have used them after screw-up number 1.  Because you went back, they didn't learn from the lesson and think they can just do as they please.  Stores like that should suffer but it's amazing how folks continue to give them business.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on loudly stating my case in the store this time around so that other customers can hear what they did... Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  I won't be going back there ever again.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards