Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday......Friday.......Friday

2»

Re: Friday......Friday.......Friday

• tgif!

i have rufus with me today, so that's nice. my boss is working from home. hopefully it should be a low-key day.
  • Today is my flex-Friday, where I work an extra hour during the week and leave at 12 on Friday.  H and I are going to the inspection on the house we're buying.

Manda, I might be going to the Scottish games here in Charleston.  I haven't been before, but I'm looking forward to it.  What usually goes on?

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Goooood morning!!! I'm only working until noon today. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and there's golf to play!!

Well, after I get my ass kicked by my personal trainer at one. UGH.Undecided
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fridayfridayfriday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:52a981d7-619d-4889-aa9f-ac2a2a33c927Post:08934eff-635f-4430-9ed4-810d09cbd3c1">Re: Friday......Friday.......Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]MattsP - if she keeps it up she could have a bladder infection or something like that.  Hope that's not the case for everyone's sake!
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the two this morning I feel are my fault.  But the one last night concerns me.

I will watch her all weekend and see how it goes.
  • I am super jealous of everyone who only has to work until noon today. 
    I really want to get a personal trainer, but I don't particularly like being told what to do, so I'm thinking I wouldn't like it too much...
    Photobucket
  • When I worked for the university we were able to have flex scheduling during the summer.  We worked four 10-hour days and took the fifth day of the week off.  We rotated who had what day off.  My boss used to take Friday off one week and Monday off the following week.  I rotatated Mondays and Wednesdays and the third person in our office rotated Wednesdays and Fridays.

• Good morning!!

So I discovered something awesome today. The South Beach breakfast bars are flucking delicious. I got the Cinnamon Raisin in an effort to begine my day eating a little better than the honey bun and Mtn Dew I had yesterday. Good God, those things are good!!! And 8g protein!!

I'll be working until 5:30, meeting my H (and CS) at 7, and we're going to meet my nephew!!!

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to finish getting the bedroom painted. My H started it on Monday, but he's worked the rest of the week, so I've been walking around a ladder all week, and my computer desk is all out of whack in the middle of the room, and I want to get my "B" collection up on the wall...

Sunday, probably nothing going on at all.
  • what color, georgia?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fridayfridayfriday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:52a981d7-619d-4889-aa9f-ac2a2a33c927Post:d04936fe-c554-4450-bec4-0b79cc2dcfda">Re: Friday......Friday.......Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!! So I discovered something awesome today. The South Beach breakfast bars are flucking delicious. I got the Cinnamon Raisin in an effort to begine my day eating a little better than the honey bun and Mtn Dew I had yesterday. Good God, those things are good!!! And 8g protein!!
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

How long does this keep you full?  Because that's my problem with any of those damn bars.  Not matter how many calories or grams of protein they claim to have, I'm hungry again in an hour.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fridayfridayfriday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:52a981d7-619d-4889-aa9f-ac2a2a33c927Post:793fdb2a-d230-4818-b2df-9ea84e550b00">Re: Friday......Friday.......Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is my flex-Friday, where I work an extra hour during the week and leave at 12 on Friday.  H and I are going to the inspection on the house we're buying. Manda, I might be going to the Scottish games here in Charleston.  I haven't been before, but I'm looking forward to it.  What usually goes on?
    Posted by cougarette[/QUOTE]

<div>I am so jealous!! My favorite events at the Charleston games are the bagpipe competitions and the athletics. The caber toss is always the most popular event, but the heavy weight tosses and hay bale tosses are good, too. Oh! And don't miss the sheep herding demonstrations if you like dogs. My advice is to get there early and stake out a spot where you can watch the field. The only thing I don't like about the Charleston games (besides that they're always really hot) is that they set up the clan tents around the athletics field, which doesn't leave a lot of room for spectators who aren't affiliated with one of the family tents. </div>
  • Thanks for the tips!  That sounds like a lot of fun.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fridayfridayfriday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:52a981d7-619d-4889-aa9f-ac2a2a33c927Post:793fdb2a-d230-4818-b2df-9ea84e550b00">Re: Friday......Friday.......Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is my flex-Friday, where I work an extra hour during the week and leave at 12 on Friday.  H and I are going to the inspection on the house we're buying. Manda, I might be going to the Scottish games here in Charleston.  I haven't been before, but I'm looking forward to it.  What usually goes on?
    Posted by cougarette[/QUOTE]

I went to those one year at Boon Hall Plantation. Are they holding them there again this year? We had a lot of fun at the different booths and watching the dancers. It's a fun festival atmosphere with the men competing in the games. I don't know all of them. Manda might know more. I did try haggis, which was interesting.

ETA: Manda's right, they do set up the clan tents around the field, so it can be hard to find a spot to watch.
  • "Sand 5". I know, sounds soo glamorous. We got two gallons of paint to paint our foyer and fireplace wall, and we ended up also painting our hallway and our bedroom with it. When we moved in, our entire house was a light beige, and I wanted to jazz it up a little, and this color is good because we won't have to repaint to sell (far, far in the future).

Hopefully in the next two weeks or so, we'll be painting the dining room "Seascape". I'm more excited about this than I should be, to be honest.  
  • Good morning!  It's been absolutely perfect here weather-wise, so it's very difficult to be in the office today. 

Sara - my son has a similar issue - he has severe physical weaknesses and could use assistance at school BUT because he has learned to compensate, to some degree, for them he doesn't qualify for any school-sponsored assistance.  He has to fail before they'll consider it a real disability. 

He has no "official"standing to request things like slanted desktops, chair assists, typing instead of writing (we supplied him with a small word processing computer), etc. - it's up to each individual teacher to allow or disallow these things in the classroom.  So frustrating!

• Good Morning Ladies! Today is my last day of work with benefits for 3 years. Eep! I'll probably find another part time job but its still scary.

And also, my car is getting e-tested and safetied to see if I can bring it over.. Hopefully it does well because I don't want to sell it or be without a car. Plus its the first car I've bought myself <insert feeling like a child here />. But dammit I love that car.
    image Married and Junk.
  • TR, I ate it at about 9:00, and right now, I'm still full and not feeling hungry or anything. I'll have to test this theory next week for a few days to make sure it's the bar and not just how I happen to feel today. I have a salad for lunch, so I'm hoping that fills me up.
  • Morning! It's a lovely spring-like day here in Santiago...except for the thick layer of black smog hanging over the city. Air quality here is disgusting, and I'm actually wishing it would rain to clear out the smog. It makes my head hurt :(

LTB, your bach party sounds so fun! I don't have any big weekend plans, but I'm very excited to just relax a bit since I've been crazy busy lately.
  • It's beautiful here today too. Unfortch it's going to be in the high 90's all next week, so I guess I should enjoy this coolness while it lasts. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards