New York-New York City
Options

Searching for a venue in NYC or NJ

I am struggling to find a venue in NYC or NJ that charges less than $130 per person.  I am working with a budget and I honestly cannot afford $130 per person, when I have 200 people attending. So I was wondering if anyone could help me by giving me ideas or even suggesting venues, it will be a big help.Thanx

Re: Searching for a venue in NYC or NJ

• Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend was married at Water's Edge in Long Island City for about $135/person which included everything, even the cake. It has a great view and can hold over 200 people.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    bklyn10910bklyn10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was at Giando on the Water, in Williamsburg, Brookyn.  We paid $120pp before tax/gratuity (so closer to $150 pp after that).  I got married in October though, and I know someone who got married there at a much cheaper rate in April.
    Maureen & Jonathan - Married 10-9-10 | Expecting our first child 05-04-13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PM me if want to get married 7/3/11.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Water's Edge in January 2012 - I don't know if you're willing to have an off-season wedding, but if you are, Water's Edge is definitely in your price range.
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Highlawn Pavillion in NJ has amazing views of the city and you get a lot of food for less than $100pp. 

My best friend's budget was $90pp, because she had 220 people.  When she called venues to make appointments, she told them what her budget was and asked if they'd be willing to work with her.  Many said no, but many said yes.  Eventually she got a place that was originally $120pp for $90.  And she got married in September. 

Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards