Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's Monday Night!

Re: It's Monday Night!

• Yay Docta!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-monday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53261654-010a-4f13-bb52-10a821bb7658Post:5475f3ea-ba38-4031-8e20-727fd94bc2f8">Re: It's Monday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having trouble getting them to not float to the top. I tried threading a string through each flower and then tried tying the string to a marble but it wouldn't stay tied.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]
    are you leaving the stems on?  if so, you can get 'frogs' at any craft store, it's a heavy metal circle with pins sticking up, you put the stems into the pins and then you can cover the frog with rocks, marbles, whatever
    Photobucket
  • Hi everyone!

Congrats on reaching silver, docta!

I got home, need to fold laundry and make dinner, then hang out on TK!  H is working until midnight tonight, so I get some me time.  :)
  • I had waffles for dinner but I'm still hungry and am craving a baked potato. But that means I have to run to the store to buy potatoes since DH is sleeping since he has to work the night shift tonight. That means I have to get off the couch and get dressed since I'm not willing to go to the store in pjs.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Yay Docta! And I didn't realize you were so close to your wedding!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did someone say new bling?  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Very nice beachy!
  • Ciara - you must really be craving potatoes if you're willing to do all of that to get one.
  • ooo love the new bling (the ring and the badge)Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • It's blinding DNB!

Actually it's gorgeous!
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still a year out so I'm just playing around today but I will definitely try wire. I'm using these white flowers that I "borrowed" from my apartment complex's bushes that are right outside our porch. I'm not sure what kind they are.

I need to start posting more. I'm jealous of the bling. 

ETA: This flower
  • Very nice Beachy. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DNB, its gorgeous!

Veggie - yours is pretty too.
  • I haven't fully decided if I'm going to do it or not yet. I haven't left the house since Friday so I really should get out and do something. I do have 2 doctors appointments tomorrow so that will be quite a bit and will wear me out.
  • Yay beachy!  That is way cooler bling, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Hey guys!!

So, I have the cutest and sweetest Mom EVAR. She was at the mall, called and said she had a surprise for me.

She bought me a dress to wear to my bridal shower!! It is so gorgeous, ad fun, and so ME! It fits me like a glove!! It was so sweet and thoughtful, I can't get over it!!

:: AW picture ::

Other than that, I just got home from teaching and am STARVING. Yay food time!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-monday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:53261654-010a-4f13-bb52-10a821bb7658Post:a12f9a0c-43bf-4462-a2e5-d42a7f69c59e">Re: It's Monday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still a year out so I'm just playing around today but I will definitely try wire. I'm using these white flowers that I "borrowed" from my apartment complex's bushes that are right outside our porch. I'm not sure what kind they are. I need to start posting more. I'm jealous of the bling. 
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

I would get the actual type of flowers you want to use, because different flowers float differently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Thanks!  My H is pretty freaking awesome.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-monday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53261654-010a-4f13-bb52-10a821bb7658Post:75911328-6a2e-48ad-a025-74226b031d9e">Re: It's Monday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]New bling!  And I reached my goal (silver before the wedding) with more than two weeks to spare.  I don't know if I should be happy or feel pathetic, lol.
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh be happy - you're in good company :)</div>
  • Beachy's hubby for the win! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As it's been well reported DH is leaving for Phoenix tomorrow for 3 days/2 night.  Of which 2 are full travel days (as in leaving at 7am and getting to his destination after 8pm).   

I'm dying of laughter at his suitcase.  It's so large, like the biggest bag we own.    I mean he has to check a bag because of the knives, but still.

Funny thing is 10 hours after he arrives back home we leave for Dallas for 4 days/3 nights.   His is only taking a carry-on.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hey it took me until 1.5 years after my wedding to get to silver. I have been a member forever it seems like but didn't start posting until 2008 when DH and I got engaged. So it took me 3 years.
  • Mixtape, I love that dress. Almost as one as I love that one that was in your sig a while ago. I'm going to come to Canada and raid your closet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-monday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53261654-010a-4f13-bb52-10a821bb7658Post:d25e1a4e-9abd-4900-92dc-a781dee67556">Re: It's Monday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE the dress, Mixtape!  I've been trying to find some dresses to wear to my shower, rehearsal dinner, and honeymoon. Where is yours from?
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

<div>My Mom got it from The Bay, actually!! I never really shop there, but this dress is so perfect!</div>
  • Okay, I'm off to go write "ditto PPs" on every post. BRB 
  • Gorgeous bling DNB! And very cute dress mixtape :)

I'm a little irked right now. I got a call back from the dealer and we are pre-approved for financing, which is good, but we need to provide a few things, namely proof of income. Ok fine and dandy right? Well they want a paystub, and when I told J after I talked to the dealer, apparently he has been THROWING AWAY his paystubs recently, so we have none to prove he's worked there recently. Gah. I'm hoping old paystubs will work combined with last years W2.
  • I love that dress MixTape. It does seem so you (well what I know of you at least). :-)
  • Mixtape - that's a really cute dress!  I bet it looks GREAT on you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-monday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:53261654-010a-4f13-bb52-10a821bb7658Post:34dca86e-d6a0-41ac-86d5-8d43133e9ba6">Re: It's Monday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mixtape, I love that dress. Almost as one as I love that one that was in your sig a while ago. I'm going to come to Canada and raid your closet.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

<div>Anna, if you come to Canada you can borrow my clothes anytime, haha! I personally don't think I'm a good dresser... Except when it comes to dresses. I have a whole ton of dresses, and I can sniff out a cute dress from miles away. It's a skill.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards