New York-New York City

Anyone had their wedding at Snug Harbor in Staten Island?

Hello! Looking to have my wedding at Snug Harbor - the venue is beautiful. I'm looking for feedback from anyone that held their wedding or attended a wedding there. 

Let me know, thanks!!!!

Re: Anyone had their wedding at Snug Harbor in Staten Island?

• Are you planning on having your ceremony and reception there? I attended a ceremony in the Chinese garden, it was beautiful. However, they did not have their reception there. If you have a ceremony in the Chinese garden it will be beautiful. Good luck.
  • @ Psych819 - thanks for the feedback! The Chinese Gardens are beautiful and it's good to know you enjoyed the ceremony. We're planning on holding our reception there in the Great Hall and possibly holding the ceremony in the gardens. Thanks!
  • I don't know the couple, and I haven't been to the location, BUT I just saw a blog post about a wedding at Snug Harbor from a photographer I know. I attached the blog post of the Snug Harbor wedding below.

Sorry I don't have more info! I just know that when I was planning my wedding I tried to get my hands on as many photos of my venue as possible and see how the space was used/looked in photos! Hope this helps!

http://bjenright.com/blog/2012/06/snug-harbor-wedding-photos/
  • Thank you  andreandrea! I definitely feel that way - the more photos, the better! This is a huge help. 
  • We're having our wedding at Snug Harbor in Sept 2013.  I've searched everywhere for feedback from brides who had their wedding there and was only able to find 1.  (she said she loved it and had no complaints).

I'm having the ceremony and the Tuscan Garden and the reception at the Great Hall.
  • I was a guest there about two years ago.  It is a pretty wonderful place.  The staff was a little "staten island redneck" but in all, the place is pretty amazing.  Just make sure you don't get ultra macho waiters like my friends had.  It was kind of a downer.
  • My brother and his wife were married there. Their wedding was in May and it was unbelievably gorgeous!
  • Thanks for the feedback, PatinaKim!
  • I love the Tuscan Garden and want to have my ceremony there but I tried the food and really wasn't impressed.  Does anyone have any idea for a way to have the ceremony there and the reception someplace else?  I unfortuantely don't like many other places on Staten Island but I am opened to suggestions.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards