Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's evening over here.

Re: It's evening over here.

• Options
    Petals and Erin, YGPM back, I am now following both of you.  I go in spurst of pinning and not pinning for days.

Does anybody have contacts?  I am getting them for the first time in my life at 46 years old in a few weeks.  Excited, but worried, party of me.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, Daff!  4 years, wow.  Was it really that long ago?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Happy anniversary, Jill! That's very exciting. What are your plans for Saturday?
  • Options
    Hi!  How's it going tonight?  Sorry bout the fasting J. - Go to bed early.  Then you won't realize you're hungry :).

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:748ee932-6c68-4447-a71e-81b2e179945a">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy anniversary, Daff!  4 years, wow.  Was it really that long ago?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Yep, and I'm still posting on a wedding board. Derp.

Erin - it's supposed to be gorgeous on Saturday so we're going for some top-down motoring in the countryside, a winery, and a fancypance restuarant.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:c3636b34-c13b-4d96-8034-2c58497f9120">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  How's it going tonight?  Sorry bout the fasting J. - Go to bed early.  Then you won't realize you're hungry :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I will for sure.  But I'm far more concerned about morning.  I laughed at my doctor when I said "Well, yeah...I get shaky, dizzy, a headache, and really irritable if I go more than 3 hours without food," and she said "Ok, let's get a 12 hour fasting glucose."  Yes, that sounds AWESOME.

• Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    That sounds like the perfect day, Daff. I love going driving, if I'm passenger. 
  • Options
    Sounds like fun Daff, enjoy you two!
  • Options
    That sounds awesome, Daff! 

• Options
    Daff - that sounds fabulous!  Enjoy it.  

There's nothing wrong with hanging out on a wedding forum after your wedding - nothing at all.
  • Options
    That sounds really nice Daff.

Eww for the glucose test. I had that done about a year ago. I was the only one having that test done that wasn't pregnant. I did get to read a lot while I waited.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Considering most of the people in this thread are already married, I'm not concerned.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:de4f5391-4cbc-4a37-a769-7df54c0f9437">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds really nice Daff. Eww for the glucose test. I had that done about a year ago. I was the only one having that test done that wasn't pregnant. I did get to read a lot while I waited.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Oh, luckily this one is just a blood draw.  That glucose tolerance test sounds awful.

• Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Ok ladies, H has convinced my teary eyed self to go to a BBQ. I think it was the idea of BBQ'ed ribs that got me.

I might be back. If not, have a wonderful evening!
  • Options
    Ski - I have contacts... what questions do you have?
  • Options
    I hope you at least enjoy the food, Erin!  Bonus points for distraction, jackpot for a little fun!

• Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I go at the end of the month to meet with the Dr. and see what will work for me.  Do you wear yours all the time?  Do you take them out at night.  Are they hard to get used to?   Can you feel them on your eyes?

• Options
    J- That's good then. It was so gross. I felt okay at the lab but once I got to work I had started sweating through my clothes. It wasn't a fun day.

Ski - I also have contacts. I have worn them for 13 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Okay, so we're all watching American Idol here and just as they are about to announce which of the two boys goes to the final, the satellite cut out. Anyone know who it is?

ETA - Nevermind, it came back. Ha.
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary, daff!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Oh yeah - and Happy Anniversary Daff : )
  • Options
    Thanks dudes. It's been a wild ride so far and at times a bumpy road, but we're stronger than ever these days.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:d030ab6e-de94-489b-a38e-a8e208c90f8e">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin - YGPM J - Anytime you need to vent or talk about work, feel free to talk to me. I get it. <strong>So I started MFP this week and it has really helped me. I owe it to TK since I had never heard of it before. Thanks peeps.</strong>

I started on Monday too and am loving it! Way easier than my old school Calorie King notebook.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:1bb43f9a-a59e-43fa-8c48-6ba588fa10ff">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I go at the end of the month to meet with the Dr. and see what will work for me.  Do you wear yours all the time?  Do you take them out at night.  Are they hard to get used to?   Can you feel them on your eyes?
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

I wear mine all the time. I had the kind that you were supposed to take out but I chose not to. The optometrist decided then to give me the kind that I don't have to take out every day. I throw them away after a month or so. The most difficult part was getting used to putting them in. I had to allow a lot of extra time at first. I can now put them in within a few seconds. I can't feel them on my eyes unless something is wrong like a tear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:264fc2e2-5cd1-4cf2-aa76-2a3fe1f96a5a">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening over here. : I wear mine all the time. I had the kind that you were supposed to take out but I chose not to. The optometrist decided then to give me the kind that I don't have to take out every day. I throw them away after a month or so. The most difficult part was getting used to putting them in. I had to allow a lot of extra time at first. I can now put them in within a few seconds. I can't feel them on my eyes unless something is wrong like a tear.

All good information.  I totally hate wearing glasses but my eyes have gotten so bad that I can't see to sign a receipt at the store.  I am hopeful that they will work for me. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:197e6e9f-8b5c-482a-88c8-2cb3fc1fe821">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's evening over here. : I started on Monday too and am loving it! Way easier than my old school Calorie King notebook.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

I don't think I realized how quickly the calories can add up with the wrong food. I would just eat a cookie here or there but it really adds up. So far I have lost 3 pounds which shows I wasn't eating healthy. 

I also really like to scan barcodes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the loss, Petal! That's awesome.  I haven't tried the scanning thing.  How does it work?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:1bb43f9a-a59e-43fa-8c48-6ba588fa10ff">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I go at the end of the month to meet with the Dr. and see what will work for me.  Do you wear yours all the time? <strong> I wear them just about every day.  From about 6 AM til 9 or 10 depending on when I go to bed.</strong> Do you take them out at night.  <strong>Yes, I take them out at night.  I have monthly disposables so I put a new set in every month or so.  </strong>Are they hard to get used to?   <strong>They usually have you start out wearing them an hour or two a day and work your way up.  I've been wearing them since I was in high school so almost 20 years.  </strong>Can you feel them on your eyes?  <strong>I don't even notice them until I need to change them (they get build up that can irritate over time) or if I get an eyelash or dirt in my eye while wearing them.</strong>
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wore gas permeable hard lenses for the first 8 or so years.  I was having issues with irritability (newly developped, not for all 8 years) after I moved to Cleveland and when I went to the eye doctor they said I had dry patches on my eyeballs and switched me to the soft disposables and back to no issues :).

</div><div>ETA: My eyes are REALLY bad, so I have a pair of glasses that I wear if I stay up after I take them out, or on weekends when I don't go anywhere.  They're a little out of date, but for as little as I wear them they get the job done.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening-over-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:54dd0edd-0a45-4add-91d4-6b7968de0b6fPost:8bddf88c-f0ea-4d7c-b665-e9711c225d36">Re: It's evening over here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the loss, Petal! That's awesome.  I haven't tried the scanning thing.  How does it work?
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

Instead of searching for foods to update the calories, you can just scan the barcode with your phon of items and it pops up. It's the blue button next to the search button when you are adding food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Loopy, I am going to give it a try.  I am nervous (probably irrationally) that I will not be able to get them in.  Sillly me.

How are you feeling by the way?  Your olive is darling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards