Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Family feud

I have a cousin who has been causing major problems ever since she wasn't a bridesmaid in our other cousin's wedding. She always caused drama, but now I've been involved and I don't want to invite her to my wedding, and my fianc doesn't either. If she isn't invited, my aunt and uncle might not come. What should I do?

You're all right. My mom and I just fight about it whenever she is brought up. Though the drama w her has been going on for 5 years. It just got worse last June.

Re: Family feud

• Options
    According to your profile, your wedding isn't until May of 2015.  You have over two years until you need to worry about this, as invites don't go out until 6-8 weeks before your wedding (so, like maybe mid-March 2015).   

For right now, plan on inviting her.  You can reassess in a few years.  Maybe things will have blown over by then.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Ditto PPs on waiting until closer to the date to figure it out. Family dynamics change all of the time. Things might be settled by then (one way or another).

Count her in for now as you create a budget. It's better to budget for a larger guest list and come in under budget anyways, right?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If she stared drama over not being a bridesmaid, it's almost certain she'll start drama over not even being invited. Obviously you should wait until you're ready to make a final guest list in a few years to figure this out, but it's a good thing to keep this in mind.
  • Options
    Yea but is it wrong that I am kinda hungry for it? I just can't stand her that badly.
  • Options
    Hungry for drama? Yes, that'd bad. Especially if you're trying to use your wedding to find it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_family-feud-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:54ff0d8c-b157-4f5a-b099-d735b9141401Post:3e81991f-4e7b-44f9-9639-50383241ca48">Re:Family feud</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Family feud : I think it is very petty and juvenile to be "hungry" for drama.  Maybe in 2 years you will realize how dumb that sounded; and revisit the idea to invite her or not.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    Perfectly put.  I think very minimal wedding planning should be done 2+ years out...  SO much changes in that time...
  • Options
    Well when someone causes major problems in your family for 5 years and then causes issues and more drama while preparing for your grandmother's funeral her great aunt, my grandmother then you can tell me I'm being petty. She is a horrible person and someone needs to put her in her place. I'm just angry and hurt that she would use someone I loved more than anything, as a platform to get attention and would be willing to use my guest list as leverage to put her in her place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards