Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Help Feedback Needed.

2»

Re: Help Feedback Needed.

• Options
    Can I just say that I think *most* of what you're feeling is perfectly normal.  It's absolutely ok to be worried that you won't get to participate in hers. (My feelings would be really hurt about that part of it too)  It's ok to be irritated that your friends might have to choose between weddings or you and her.  Its even ok to be a little selfishly bitter that she won't have total focus on your wedding because she'll have one eye on hers.  You're human, it happens.  But these are feelings you keep to yourself.  Be mad, pout, hit some pillows, then MOVE ON. 

Like others have said, there are many, many reasons that go into choosing a wedding date and you can bank on the fact that 99.99% of them had NOTHING to do with you or your wedding at all.   This isn't about you, and you'll just make yourself look like a immature, petty childish fool if you try to act like it is.   Would it have been nice if her wedding wasn't two weeks after yours?  Sure.  But it is what it is.  Handle it with grace. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    Dear Anna,

Thank you for the much needed use of the quote function. It came in handy whilst trying to figure the story out.

Love,
    Rach
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:552fd651-3550-48d7-9db5-ffc0b467bd04Post:931a5e7b-837e-4610-bd77-40d12e5c1c50">Re: HELP, NEED FEEDBACK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Anna, Thank you for the much needed use of the quote function. It came in handy whilst trying to figure the story out. Love, Rach
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Dear Rach,
      Twas nothing.  You're welcome.

Love, Anna
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:552fd651-3550-48d7-9db5-ffc0b467bd04Post:972cc18a-25b1-4d9a-9133-12fa3ed3cddb">Help Feedback Needed.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>This will be my first and last post.</strong> I came here hoping for an empathetic ear and opinion. And while a few people were compassionate and nicely helped me realize my errors in thinking, many of you are just mean! After reading the responses I do realize that I need to get over it and just be happy for both of us. Sorry for being emotional and having a moment of bridal panic publicly, its a mistake I'll never make again. Go find someone else to berate please.
    Posted by netijet[/QUOTE]

This must be the fastest GBCK ever.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Jeezus what the hell did I miss today?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:552fd651-3550-48d7-9db5-ffc0b467bd04Post:972cc18a-25b1-4d9a-9133-12fa3ed3cddb">Help Feedback Needed.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This will be my first and last post.
    Posted by netijet[/QUOTE]

Sorry these meanies ruined your day.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:552fd651-3550-48d7-9db5-ffc0b467bd04Post:85a35245-a811-4855-b503-5e6947aefc2e">Re: HELP, NEED FEEDBACK</a>:
    [QUOTE]IF YOURE OLD ENOUGH TO GET MARRIED, YOURE OLD ENOUH TO PAY FOR IT YOURSELF. ohh...whoops.  I pulled the wrong answer out of the hat. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]
    <p>Good call east. I'm afraid that the majority of our answers, and indeed the majority of these newbie questions, are cookie cutters continually on high rotation.</p><p> </p><p>You remind me of when I used to work in retail whilst doing my degree. You become retail robot after being there awhile, and well, robots sometimes have operation errors.. eg. new customer arrives at my check out. I say, 'is that on credit?', instead of, 'hi, how are you today?'. </p>
  • Options
    Shot in the dark GBCK= Good-bye cruel knot?

I never stop being amazed at how women come on here, stay something stupid, get their panties in a wad when they are called on it, and then either try to cover up with a DD 2.0 and/or saying that everyone is mean and picking on them.

• Options
    Well said, sun. And I used to do the same thing when I was serving all those years, saying "have a good one" when I would drop off food instead of "can I bring you anything else?" I wonder if the cookie-cutter responses here are in part due to people not having the energy to muster up a more creative way to say the same thing we're all thinking for the same old questions.

Kappa, you are correct on GBCK.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Could be worse, she could schedule it for the night before your wedding.  Two months after DD got engaged (and had set her date, schedule the church for wedding & rehearsal and they'd asked all of their bridal party) a friend of DD got engaged.

DD's friend wanted to have her wedding the night before DD's. Problem was both weddings have the same MOH.  The MOH told the "friend" that she was already committed to DD for that weekend and couldn't/wouldn't be in her wedding if it were that night (the locations are over 2 hours apart. Many in DD's wedding party are coming from out of state so rehearsal has to be the night before) plus aprox 40% of those attending DD's wedding will also attend the "friend's" wedding and that's a lot to ask in one weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards