New York-New York City
Options

Any Waters Edge LIC Brides Out There??

Hello,

My fiance and I just booked the Waters Edge in Long Island City for our October 2013 wedding and are so excited!! Has anyone gotten married there or is currently planning a wedding there? We'd love to get some feedback or vendor recommendations (photographer, music, transportation, etc)!! We are considering doing a block of rooms and an after party at the Z hotel a few blocks away. Has anyone used them before? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

-Mary

Re: Any Waters Edge LIC Brides Out There??

• Options
    Congrats, I am getting married there on 9/16 of this year!

Still working on vendors!
  • Options
    We are getting married there on 8/19/12.  We're using Jennifer Boyle as our photographer and DJ Gaza as our dj, both of whom have worked in the venue many times before.

The Z looks really awesome but we tried to email them for info about blocking rooms and they have been unresponsive, hopefully you have better luck with them.
  • Options
    Thank you girls! Please keep me posted on how your vendors/weddings work out. I know we have a lot of time, but we figured we'd at least start getting some information. Has everything gone smoothly with Waters Edge in terms of your planning?
  • Options
    Hi! I'm checking out this venue on Sunday- if you have any pointers, or even just reasons as to why you chose them, I'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    we looked into the Z hotel, but they only had single bed rooms available. I also felt liek they were unresponsive, I tried getting in touch with the sales manager for months. So we got our block for october at the Holiday Inn - manhattan views. They have similar prices, double rooms, and work with us on prices for really big suites with amazing views. Any ideas for LIC rehearsal dinners?!
  • Options
    Hi,
    We are going on Monday to meet with Kathy for a possible May 2013 wedding! I have read a few  bad reviews but mostly have been good- what's the pricing like? They wouldn't send me anything ahead of time! Also- what's the deal with the yachts?
    Congrats on your upcoming weddings there!

• Options
    Hi!  I am having my edding there this March (2013)!  I didn't use Z hotle because (like you) I wasn't happy with their room selection or service.  I am using the Whyndam and I used this amazing free hotel block booking service called divabookit.com the woman's name is Michelle and she was wonderful.  She even took care of my concerns after Hurricane Sandy damaged the hotel!  Amazing.  I hired a band (NiteTime) they sounded great when I went to see them and they are super reasonable on price.  Flowers francois-pijuan, Phot/Video- George Street, Invites- Checkerboard.  Those are all the vendors I have so far.
  • Options
    Getting married there this August. Anyone using uplighting? I know it seems kinda silly bc of the gorgeous skyline view but just curious if it's been done and if it adds to the room. Also, has anyone done the group tasting there yet?
  • Options
    I'm getting married in May 2013 at Water's Edge and DJ by Scratch Wedding, Photographer by Albert Cheung, and not sure about flowers yet. I'm still working on my invitations and there's a lot more things for me to do as I'm panicking more and more as the day comes closer. Eeek! I'm having the reception during 1:30-5:30pm and then taking the guests out on the yacht. All for a great price too! Can't wait!
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Any Waters Edge LIC Brides Out There??:

Did you have your March wedding yet? Curious to how it turned out - specifically about the food!

Posted by MassimineHurley[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards