Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Jersey Shore....

New season starts in 2 minutes. Is anyone going to watch this train wreck?

Re: Jersey Shore....

• Options
    Yes. Watching "Jersey Shore" is like eating a big hot fudge sundae. You know you shouldn't, but it's sooo good.
  • Options
    No - being a Jersey resident AND a resident of the Jersey Shore - I despise that show.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Not a chance.  I'm not a resident of the Jersey Shore but I still loathe this garbage.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    It seems like they are thriving on all of the attention and it's just making them all more trashy.
  • Options
    ahhh jersey shore people are butt hurt!! Obviously we don't generalize everyone to be like them, since half of the shots of them at bars/clubs...they are the only people in them!! Would you rather associate with Real Housewives of New Jersey?! They are in Miami this time anyways so you are off the hook! (plus, since I LOVE the trainwreck, I know that none of them are actually from Jersey, all from NY!!) DJ Pauley D!!! WASSUUUUPPPP??!!
  • Options
    Wait. New season? Same people? I'm so there. It's embarassing, but I got hooked last season. I bet MTV will have it online soon...
  • Options
    I love NJ and the shore. At some point I'd like to catch an episode - I've never seen an episode yet - just to see what they're doing. But, referencing aforementioned affection for NJ, I will take the show with a grain of salt. Sea salt.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I love this show! I totally love Snooki. It's nice to sometimes watch drama that's not your own, especially when it's so ridiculous. Cat fight city this season, it seems! Meow!!! My FI is from South Jersey and needless to say, MOST women from there aren't like this. You see a few but for the most part, it's a beautiful place to live and vacation, aside from the Shoobies like the Jersey Shore guido/ettes.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I will never watch that crap. They give Italians a bad name. And we don't all have orange looking fake tans. I'd rather watch something more educational like Jerry Springer.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jersey-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:566f1532-67ed-44c0-99e4-a1b9d7497ec6Post:769ce407-e441-4e9e-87f8-18c3a7b0c26e">Re: Jersey Shore....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this show! I totally love Snooki. It's nice to sometimes watch drama that's not your own, especially when it's so ridiculous. Cat fight city this season, it seems! Meow!!! My FI is from South Jersey and needless to say, MOST women from there aren't like this. You see a few but for the most part, it's a beautiful place to live and vacation, aside from the Shoobies like the Jersey Shore guido/ettes.
    Posted by nicole loves chris[/QUOTE]

Snooki and the rest are not from New Jersey.  They are New Yorkers - and I might add the lowest of low class New Yorkers.

And to the PP who asked about the Real Housewives, that's another show I can't stand - any city.  Folks if anyone ever asks you to be on a reality show anywhere, you should be insulted.  The producers look for totally classless people because these idiots are what get ratings.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    watching it on DVR now... I dont care if they are classless, I love it
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jersey-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:566f1532-67ed-44c0-99e4-a1b9d7497ec6Post:769ce407-e441-4e9e-87f8-18c3a7b0c26e">Re: Jersey Shore....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this show! I totally love Snooki. It's nice to sometimes watch drama that's not your own, especially when it's so ridiculous. Cat fight city this season, it seems! Meow!!! My FI is from South Jersey and needless to say, MOST women from there aren't like this. You see a few but for the most part, it's a beautiful place to live and vacation, aside from the<strong> Shoobies like the Jersey Shore guido/ettes.</strong>
    Posted by nicole loves chris[/QUOTE]

Just want to fix a little lingo -

Shoobies are vacationers from Philly.  "Legend" has it they would come  in for the day with lunches in  shoe boxes.  I taught a summer camp at the shore, and we had one kid who actually brought his lunch in a shoe box.  Ironically, he was from Philly and his family owned a beach house where they would live in the summer.

BENNYs are from the north.  BENNY is an acronym for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, New York, and Yonkers.  THESE people are the stereotypical fist-pumping d-bags.

These are the people that inspired the song "Benny go home" and are the reason for the "benny go home" parties the locals have at the end of the season!  They trash place and treat it with such disrespect.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jersey-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:566f1532-67ed-44c0-99e4-a1b9d7497ec6Post:0619175e-0410-4bc5-8f25-134215cc6878">Re: Jersey Shore....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jersey Shore.... : Snooki and the rest are not from New Jersey.  They are New Yorkers - and I might add the lowest of low class New Yorkers. And to the PP who asked about the Real Housewives, that's another show I can't stand - any city.  Folks if anyone ever asks you to be on a reality show anywhere, you should be insulted.  The producers look for totally classless people because these idiots are what get ratings.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Everyone on the show that's from NY are actually from upstate. Usually when people refer to "low class New Yorkers," they are referring to people from the 5 boroughs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards