Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**ahhhitsshannyn**

I stepped out to lunch right after I posted in the Book Club thread it took off while I was gone, so... I was so excited to find someone else who reads that genre. I know pretty much no one who does, and it's why I'm wary of book clubs.

I particularly love Rachel Vincent's Shifters series, and Kim Harrison's The Hollows series.  What else have you liked in that same vein?

Re: **ahhhitsshannyn**

• Options
    Have you read Weather Wardens? I'm nuts about that series!
  • Options
    I have not read much it seems like, I am always looking for more stuff for me to read. I have read the Sookie Stackhouse books, Twilight, HP, Mercy, City of Bones... I am trying to think of more stuff. I used to just go to the library to the tween section and choose things, since usually anything with vampires, magic, or werewolves are considered childish. I also have the Percy Jackson series on my kindle, my friend who reads a lot of the same books as me really liked them. I also really want to read the Vampire Diaries. I am up for any recommendations I am always looking for something new to read! :) Thanks for helping me! :)
  • Options
    Highly suggest Harrison and Vincent. 

I've been trying to decide if I want to read the Sookie books; I watch the show, and I know there different, but there's part of me that would rather read something new than something I already at least know the storyline and direction for, you know?

Ghoti, I just looked that up.  The first review compares it to the Dresden files, which is on my amazon wish list.  I will add this!
  • Options
    The sookie books are REALLY good if you give yourself some time in between. I read them all in like, a week and found her writing style REALLY repetitive. But if there's time in between it's probably not noticeable LOL.

Ooh I'll have to add the Dresden files!

Shan I love the percy jackson books! He just came out with the 1st in a new series that was really good too!

I also really liked the Vampire Diaries :D

Have you read Enders Game? I thought most of those books were pretty good.
  • Options
    Funny you guys brought up Percy Jackson, because a good friend of mine I just made join GoodReads has them on her list, and I was just looking at them.
  • Options
    HLQ- The Sookie books are COMPLETELY different from the show. Like, COMPLETELY. You probably would be shocked to see how different the story goes, so I think you would like the books. They would definitely be a surprise :)
  • Options
    Do either of you have an ereader?
  • Options
    I have a kindle and I love it. Like irrationally love it.
  • Options
    I JUST bought a Kindle.  Haven't used it much yet, because I got it yesterday and I'm trying to finish Wicked Lovely, which I have in trade paperback, but I like what I've used of it so far.
  • Options
    I have a kindle too! Or will, tomorrow. I broke mine and the Amazon Kindle CS is sending me a replacement Free! They are seriously the best!

I have most of the books mentioned above I can loan you, if you have somewhat questionable morals :) 
  • Options
    Can't you loan books on Kindle?
  • Options
    Some you can. Most you can't. It's decided by the publisher, and they are only loanable once, for 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    I have not figured out the loaning thing yet. But my FIL has very questionable morals and when he heard I got a kindle he downloaded something like 700 books and gave them to me on a cd. A lot of them I think are the free ones, but there are also a lot of good ones on there. I have not even had a chance to plow through them. I guess that makes me a terrible person but I do also buy books as well. :)
  • Options
    Glad I'm not alone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards