Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

• Not gonna click on that link... you can't make me.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I don't blame you.  Reading it will only terrify you more.

The headline is "Chef dies after feeling eel."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WHAT THE F*CK.  That is the worst prank OF ALL TIME.  Ever.  EVER.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Bwhahahaha it's from The Sun. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:35c6d8ba-c4ce-4d9a-8cc8-58d127dd5027">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAT THE F*CK.  That is the worst prank OF ALL TIME.  Ever.  EVER.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't believe they are even calling it a prank...pretty sure that's rape.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anything with the word eat and bowels together in one sentence is enough for me to know that I shouldn't read it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • The eel looks like he's smiling.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:58545fd7-f9ed-4126-97a0-5ff513eef78b">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The eel looks like he's smiling.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

<div>You know it does, but almost like a smile of grim determination.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is not true at all. That eel would die being shoved up there.
  • Fishy's back!  Welcome home!
  • HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSSSS!! Hi!

You guys have been busy around here.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:eb8a5106-01b2-493a-b5bb-5a308329889c">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSSSS!! Hi! You guys have been busy around here.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

You left and all helll promptly broke loose.  I blame you.  I BLAME YOU.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited April 2010
    @Ricksang- That is what I thought!  And I still hope that I'm right about this, but someone posted this on Jezebel (of course, it isn't backed up or anything, but just gave me pause):

Unfortunately, swamp eels are really hardy little bastards. They can survive severely deoxygenated conditions for hours, and they are most often found burrowing through thick mud, so this animal certainly would have been able to survive being stuck inside a human body for hours. Eels in general are carnivorous and appear eat a wide variety of prey. Therefore, there is nothing on the eel's side of the equation that makes this story seem inherently bogus. It is reasonable to believe that combination of the eel's burrowing behaviors and carnivorous nature would make this event possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:85c26238-73ce-45ba-b056-ac57a44836ac">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is not true at all. That eel would die being shoved up there.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's The Sun for crying out loud.

Are we allowed to call fake on Sun articles?  It's just Post Secret we can't call fake on, right?  I wouldn't want to hurt the eel's feelings. 
  • Even though I'm at work, I read the link and immediately said "No, No, No!" out loud.

• I thought this was going to be about the grandmother and grandson who are in love, having sex and having a baby together.  I'll take reading about an eel in the ass all day over the images that story put in my head!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:bf9f0221-25c7-43d7-81e1-ce7dbe0722de">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. : Yeah, it's The Sun for crying out loud. Are we allowed to call fake on Sun articles?  It's just Post Secret we can't call fake on, right?  I wouldn't want to hurt the eel's feelings. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

LOL! Butt ,<- Heee, What I am say is the act of shoving an eel up his bum would kill the fish. Gah, it is really sad if that fish died that way.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:b9d8dee4-7636-4956-b0a4-6dcee63e28c4">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>thought this was going to be about the grandmother and grandson who are in love, having sex and having a baby togethe</strong>r.  I'll take reading about an eel in the ass all day over the images that story put in my head!
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

Okay Penny, you are no longer allowed to post anymore today.Ewwwwwwww
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-this-terrifying-thing-ever-seen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:591972e7-ac50-423f-ae52-ee4d1a815ec9Post:bf9f0221-25c7-43d7-81e1-ce7dbe0722de">Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: This is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. : Yeah, it's The Sun for crying out loud. Are we allowed to call fake on Sun articles?  It's just Post Secret we can't call fake on, right?  I wouldn't want to hurt the eel's feelings. 
    <p>Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>You have no idea how confused the first sentence made me! </p>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards