Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: *Sun*

• Options

Heya! I hope you're still there, sorry I was so busy catching up with old threads I missed this new one!

My day was good, thanks. Just work today- only two more days left and then a two week break, yay!

How was your day? What are you doing back here so soon after your wedding? Are you guys going to have a honeymoon? Annnnndddd, more pictures please! :)

• Options
    No worries!  i'm still here.

A two week break sounds fabulous!  Any big plans?

Doing well, just a bout of insomia at the moment.  No honeymoon for now.  We wanted a holiday wedding but we would like to do a historic U.S. walking and train tour for the honeymoon so that shall just have to wait until April when the weather is nice.

I have a few more pictures, but nothig fabulous.  My mother is a bit "camers challenged".  I'll post a few more though
  • Options

How did the day go? I think I missed your update on it- I saw  your pictures on facebook which looked lovely, though. 

Sounds like fun for April!

How long do you have off for Christmas? We don't have a lot of plans: earlier in the week will just be cooking and last minute shopping. We've got a christmas eve party to go to, christmas morning/lunch at my parent's house, and dinner at Nick's mother's house. We'll probably stay there overnight, and then head to one of our friend's houses on boxing day. On the 27th, we've got a 30th of one of our friends (circus themed dress up party- must find a costume!) and then there's new years (still not 100% on what we're doing for that), and finally another friend's 10 year anniversary party/housewarming on the 3rd. We'll go back to work on tuesday the 5th. 

Do you have plans for Christmas/new years?

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2009

dancing with Cory

my step-brother

my baby brother

me hitting the cider during toasts

And last but not least, one adorably obstinate flower girl

• Options
    I didn't do an official update.  too AW for my taste.  The day was fabulous! No visible problems.  The pastor said some of the most beautiful things about us and at one point reduced my entire side of the church into tears because he likened me to my grandmother (who was a living saint). The food was fabulous and met rave reviews, and my uncle brought his home brewed (he has a micro-brew business) honey mead and blueberry wine that he printed up with labels for us. The jazz band blew me away! We definitely got more than we paid for.

No big holiday plans as DH has to work all but 4 days around christmas.  We'll drive 2 hours to his family's home for christmas eve and then hold my annual open house on the day.  No plans as of yet for the new year celebrations but I am terribly jealous of your dress upparty.  i want a masquerade!
  • Options
    I can't believe i managed to post all those pictures!
  • Options
    haha yes you did fantastically! ;P

Great pictures! Looks like you had a good time, and sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony. What food did you serve? I'm sure it was fantastic (you just reminded me we haven't had dinner yet! haha). 

Is it snowing where you are?

Your open house sounds like fun- what will you be cooking for it?

I'm watching The Wire with H at the moment. Do you watch that show? Trying to get my head around it but it's the first episode I've watched so I'm not quite sure what is going on! 

• Options
    PS: Sorry, I should have asked- anything in particular keeping you up tonight? I got so excited about seeing you here when I was that it slipped my mind!
  • Options
    We had:

• butlered soup shooters of fire roasted tomato soup and wisconsin beer cheese soup. both a grilled cheese toast point as garnish.
    • butlered mini-mac and cheeses with gruyere coated cruton crumbles on top
    • veggie platters
    • artesian bread and cheeses with a variety of oils and butters
    • a mashed potato bar with tons of toppings
    • a prime rib carving station and fresh rolls

• The cake was buttercream iced white cake with butterscotch-buttercream filling
  • Options
    It has already snowed about 4 inches here and a bit more is  expected for christmas.

I do cook for our open house but it's all fairly simple food as we often have people coming and going for hours.  i'm doing a ham and a fried turkey this year, swedish meatballs, running my bread machine overtime, gobs of cookies and pies and a few standards like veggie trays and deviled eggs.

I've honestly never heard of The Wire.  i might have to look it up.  plenty of time tonight since i am suffering a major bout of insomnia.  I just don't feel any sleep coming on any time soon.
  • Options

I trust that you haven't been into the caffeine? ;P

I am intrigued by the beer cheese soup, although anything containing two of my favourite foods can't be too bad! ;P 

The Wire seems a bit intense so far, but it's apparently supposed to be quite a good show. What shows do you watch? We don't actually watch a lot of TV, but nick downloads shows from time to time which we watch. 

• Options
    Definitely no caffeine.  I barely tough it normally.  Just a fresca now and then or an orangina.

beer cheese soup is great! the richness and tang on beer with all that lovely cheese flavor.

I don't watch much tv but I watched every season of ER, I love Heroes, Law and Order and The office.  Mostly i watch old movies of mine.  I have a bit of a Monty Python problem, Red Dwarf, Black Adder, and Looney Tunes on dvd
  • Options

I used to love ER when I was younger... I can't believe how long that show went for! 

Annnnd Red dwarf! I adored that show, too! 

Smeg! 

I am surprised that it made it over to you, actually!

• Options
    PS; Not to sound hideously clueless, but what on earth is fresca and orangina?
  • Options
    I grew up in Germany.  The BBC was all my mother ever watched.  (She never did learn to speak anything but english) Of course, she was more of a Dr Who and Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served fan
  • Options

We just watched the most recent Dr Who yesterday. My H is a massive Dr Who fan.

Where in Germany did you grow up? H's father and extended family live just outside of Dachau. We are considering going to live there for six months towards christmas time next year. My H can get work (he doesn't speak German, but has some colleagues who don't speak german who have well-paid jobs in Dusseldorf) so we're thinking of going there at the end of next year, spending christmas with his family (yay munchen chirstmas markets and gluhwein!) and then living in Dusseldorf for six months, me finishing my PhD and H working. The only snag to this plan is that I don't know we can deal with such a long time away from our little kitties! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sun-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d33438a-8e65-44c5-a22a-a48bcb492e94Post:161f7805-835c-42fd-855a-d0998af03e13">Re: *Sun*</a>:
    [QUOTE]yay munchen chirstmas markets and gluhwein!
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

I have my bottles sitting at the ready.  i'm making Lebkuchen this week. I miss the Christkindlemarkt

I liven in a tiny town named Echzell.  It's down by the Swiss border.  Salzburg, Garmisch, and Berchtesgaden were all close enough to be holiday destinations.
  • Options
    I was in Berlin until I was 7, but I don't remember much except the wall, the zoo, and Charlottenburg Palace.

We did holiday in Denmark once though.  We went to LegoLand
  • Options

Oh,  Garmisch! I am so jealous, that place is ridiculously beautiful! 

I can imagine legoland would stand out in a child's mind as a highlight! Was it any good?

I just can't wait for a white christmas. Or, a non-boiling hot Christmas. Either/or would sufficie! 

• Options
    *suffice, even. I am putting down the wine glass and saving the rest for tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I thought it was amazing!  but then again, at 6 or 7, what did I know? It was all magical.

I'm hoping to move back in a few years after a bit more university. I'd love to work for CERN or WHO but I need a bit more on the resume and to work on my french.  I can get by but my grammar is horrible.  I just can't decide between getting a tutor or buying the Rosetta Stone software.  Neither is cheap

p.s.  German snow tastes and smells way better than american snow.  I miss it
  • Options

I have seen German snow (and American and Swiss snow too, for that matter) but never touched any snow at all! I must get to the snow next year! 

We really need to work on our German. A lot of members of H's family don't speak English, and we wanted to learn some German before we returned... we are struggling with the notion of paying for lessons, because they are just so expensive! Realistically though, I don't think we'll motivate ourselves to learn any other way. It's ridiculous that H's father (who speaks German, evidently, given he has spent most of his life there) and mother (who had German parents) both speak German, but they never taught their children any of it. It's much harder to learn as adults, and H and I really have about the same level of grasp of that language (which is very little, really!). 

Anyway, I must go as it's our bedtime- I hope you get some sleep soon, too! Go and attempt to rest your eyes for awhile! ;P 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards