New York-New York City

Wedding Venues in the NYC Area for Summer 2012

I am looking for a unique, non-hotel banquet hall wedding venue within 2 hours of NYC (but not in NJ or CT) for a Summer 2012 Saturday night wedding in late July or early August. We would need to have the ceremony on site, preferably outdoors. There will be about 150-175 guests and we are hoping to keep the price as close to 150pp as possible, but we are a little flexible.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much for the help!!

Re: Wedding Venues in the NYC Area for Summer 2012

• Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    NY Botanical Garden (Bronx)
    Bryant Park Grill
    Tappan Hill Mansion (westchester)
    De Seversky Mansion (LI)
    Battery Gardens

Those are a few ideas for you...but i'm not sure about saturday nights.
    weddingcake-1
  • anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    There's also Queens Farm Museum...
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Roulette on Atlantic Avenue in BK! The venue just opened in September. It's an incredibly wonderfully restored theater with art deco embellishments. I picked up one of their fliers and know they do weddings....
  • llofrese14llofrese14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try The Boathouse in Central Park.  That's where I'm having mine this June.

• For the venue: I would recommend Landmark on the Park, or Midtown Loft and Terrace
    For the caterer: one and only caterer I would recommend is Creative Foods Catering

I used them last year for my wedding and everything was fantastic. Their cost was fraction of any quotes I received from other caterers. The menu was filled with all upscale items such as Filet Mignon, Salmon, Crab Cakes etc.

They allowed me to provide liquor (a big money saver!!) they provided bartenders and all other staff. You even choose the staff’s uniform!! We used a raw wedding venue in Manhattan for 150 guests.

Their website is:

http://www.CreativeFoodsCatering.com

914-882-3986

I highly recommend!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards