New York-New York City
Options

Affordable Bakery in Brooklyn

I haven't decided if I'm gonna have cupcakes or just a cake at my wedding. Some bakeries seem to charge a fortune. I don't have a total idea as to what's the normal amount to pay a bakery, but some of these seem a little much. Do any of you know a good priced bakery in Brooklyn? Thanks!

Re: Affordable Bakery in Brooklyn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Baked or Sweet Melissa?
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela's Bakery
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Baked in Red Hook! We got both a tiered cake (lemondrop) AND cupcakes (hazelnut and chocolate) from Baked for our wedding, and both were amazing! The pricing was definitely compelling. As I type this, the little KnotTV video is describing a cake that looks like an art deco building -- Baked probably isn't the kind of place to go if that's what's important to you. Their food actually looks like (beautiful) real food. But click on the photo at the link below for more pictures of their wedding cakes, they can definitely decorate beautifully with buttercream.

http://bakednyc.com/page/weddings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did small cakes in a box for my engagment and they were $10 each and $8 were for cupcakes.
    hope that helps.
  • Options
    brandyneswbrandynesw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are getting our cake (3 tier, and extra sheet cake) from baked, and we are so excited!  the cakes are DELICIOUS, and very reasonably priced!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Baked.  They are wonderful to work with, and the cakes are amazing!  They do a tasting for something like $23 per couple, and you can taste a bunch of different cup cakes.

We've had a wonderful experience with them!
  • Options
    SnuggleLove2SnuggleLove2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    BAKED is AMAAAAZZZIIINNNNNGGGG. For cupcakes, I would also suggest Kumquat Cupcakery, depending on your taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards