Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Trivia!

1.What was the world's first national park? YELLOWSTONE

2. What metal has the highest melting point? TUNGSTEN

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? INDIA (some of you had hilarious answers.  Canada?  US?? Come on! lol)

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? ROMULUS AND REMUS

5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France? CANNES

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times?
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? ROOSEVELT

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? STEWARDESSES

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? GARBAGE DISPOSAL

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? 14!  So, the trick part is, that yes, you have to be born here, but if you've lived OUTSIDE of the US, you have to have been living IN the US for that length of time to be eligible. :D

Re: Trivia!

• Options
    I have one answer for all of it:  I dunno.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I have a feeling I'm going to feel like an idiot when I get through these, haha.  Ugh, almost all of my answers are guesses.  At least you can tell I did NOT Google, though :)

1.What was the world's first national park?  Yellowstone

2. What metal has the highest melting point?  Iron

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it?  Canada

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome?  Romulus & Remus

5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France?  Cannes

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times?  some president?

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"?  Roosevelt

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard?  greatest...it was the longest I could come up with anyway.

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it?  hot plate

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years?  15
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    1. Grand Canyon
    2. Tungsten
    3. Colombia
    4. Romulus & Remus
    5. Cannes
    6. Truman
    7. Adams
    8. created
    9. open flame heater
    10. 35 years AND be a naturalized citizen
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    1. Yellowstone? 

2.  don't know

3.  India

4. Ithicus or something? 

5. Cannes Film Festival

6. a farmer? 

7. John Adams

8. waters, treads, breads

9.  hot plate

10.  35 years

Obviously a lot of these are total guesses!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:84febd67-14c0-4df6-a770-87b27cf847b2">Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The rules:  NO GOOGLING!  Good old fashioned noodle usage here, people! Submit your answers for all the questions.  If you don't know, guess!  What can it hurt?  The answers will be given when the thread dies. heh. 1.What was the world's first national park? <strong>Yosemite?</strong>
     2. What metal has the highest melting point? <strong>Steel?</strong>
    3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? <strong>US</strong>
     4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? <strong>Romulus and Remus</strong>
    5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France? <strong>Cannes</strong>
    6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? <strong>Ben Franklin</strong>
     7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? <strong>No idea...FDR?</strong>
     8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? <strong>Stewardesses</strong>
     9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? <strong>Microwave</strong>
    10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? <strong>10</strong>
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't resist trivia...

1.What was the world's first national park? Yellowstone
    2. What metal has the highest melting point? Tungsten
    3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? Egypt?
    4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Romulus and Remus. And the wolf thing is funny--the Latin word for wolf is also slang for prostitute. So they might have been raised by  a hooker instead.
    5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France? Cannes
    6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? Woodrow Wilson?
    7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Dolly Madison
    8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? crafts
    9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it?  Bug zapper?
    10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? Ten

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:cc19dffb-c25d-4364-9f56-d26ed251b015">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moose, your answer is unacceptable!

Sowwy.  I know nothing today.  NOTHING.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:478351aa-076f-4cef-8986-8bebd7c05192">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trivia! : Sowwy.  I know nothing today.  NOTHING.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

LIES
  • Options
    1. Grand Canyon?
    2. Titanium
    3. I have no idea.
    4. I am a mythology freak... this is Romulus and Remus :)
    5. Cannes, I think..
    6. Probably Einstein or someone like that
    7. Lincoln?
    8. I think it's "bastard"?
    9. I think it's the garbage disposal, right? In-sink-erator or something like that.
    10.  21 years is ringing a bell.. or is this a trick question? :)
  • Options
    a microwave in 1927?  Come on qwrty!  LOL. 
  • Options
    * I deleted before because I hit Post on accident. All my answers are the same.

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? No idea. Chad?

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Remus and Romulus

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? Ben Franklin

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Teddy Roosevelt

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? No idea

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? Dishwasher?

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? I know he must be 35 years old, but this question is a trick question.
  • Options

2. What metal has the highest melting point? Platinum

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it?  Egypt

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Romulus and Remus

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? the CEO of Macys

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Jefferson

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? treatease

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? coffee maker

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years?  Don't you have to have been born here?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:6ed5b2db-7f49-4ed7-b7a5-70e10fc0c9f5">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]a microwave in 1927?  Come on qwrty!  LOL. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Haha it was the only appliance I could think of that only kind of made sense. I've been awake for all of 15 minutes, so I'm not exaclty operating at full capacity quite yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? India

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Romulus and Remus

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? Thomas Edison

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Woodrow Wilson

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? Stewardesses!

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? Garbage disposal

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? 7

Amoro, this was fun! But hard. Really hard. Lots of mine are guesses too.
  • Options
    1.What was the world's first national park?
    Yellowstone
    2. What metal has the highest melting point?
    Lead
    3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it?

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome?
    Remus and Romulus
    5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France?
    Cannes
    Woodrow Wilson
    7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"?
    John Adams
    8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard?
    no idea
    9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it?
    ?

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years?
    10? I know you have to be born in the US to be president. Right? I'm woefully ignorant.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:84febd67-14c0-4df6-a770-87b27cf847b2">Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The rules:  <div> 1.What was the world's first national park? Acadia National Park</div><div>2. What metal has the highest melting point? ??</div><div>3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? England</div><div>4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Romulus and Remus</div><div> 5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France? Cannes</div><div> 6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? Woodrow Wilson (or was it one of the Roosevelt's?)</div><div>7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Madison?</div><div>8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? qwerty... </div><div>9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? My cousin's live there...</div><div>10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years?  They have to be born here. and be 40 years old.

</div>
  • Options
    Amoro - tell the truth... did you have to Google to get the answers to all of these?
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:ea527e4f-2b4b-4c8a-bff5-e3d69b551b69">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, the last is a trick question.  Sorry!

i KNEW it!  (picture Chandler saying that.  I forget which episode)
  • Options

2. What metal has the highest melting point?   Platinum

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it?  Russia

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome?  Romulus and Remus

5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France?  Cannes

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times?  Eisenhower

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"?  FDR

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard?  sdfdfsdfsdfsdfsdf???

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it?  No clue, microwave?

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years?   35 years because that's the minimum age requirement
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:a6f9febf-f0ca-411a-be68-479da96804a9">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amoro - tell the truth... did you have to Google to get the answers to all of these?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Nope! 

Cause I got them from a trivia site, questions and answers. :D
  • Options
    1.What was the world's first national park? Yellowstone.

2. What metal has the highest melting point? Tungsten... Which is why I laugh at people who get those rings.

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it? India!

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome? Remus and Romulus.

5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France? Cannes.

6. Who was the first person to suggest Daylight Savings Times? Hudson.

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"? Erm... Uh... WhatisIhavenoidea for $500.00

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard? Erm... I have no idea, and I'm way too lazy to go through the options.

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it? Garbage disposal! This was a Jeopardy question!

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? Erm...? Don't you just have to be a citizen? I didn't know there was a year amount...
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    1.What was the world's first national park?
    Yellowstone

2. What metal has the highest melting point?
    Titanium

3.Until the 1750's, this country was the world's only source of diamonds. It wasn't South Africa. What was it?
    India

4. Which mythological twins, raised by wolves, were the founders of Rome?
    Remus and Romulus

5. What international movie festival made its debut in 1946, in France?
    Cannes

no se

7. Who was the first U.S. President to call the "President's House" the "White House"?
    John Adams

8. What is the longest word in the English Language that is typed only with the lleft hand on a standard keyboard?
    I think I remember that it's 10 letters, but I can't figure it out.  :(

9. This household appliance was invented in 1927 by John Hammes of Racine, Wis., and his company, also located there, is still one of the leading producers of it today. Until 1997, however, this appliance was banned in New York City. What is it?
    Garbage disposal

10.  According to the U.S. Constitution, no person may become President of the United States unless he/she is a citizen who has lived in this country for at least how many years? nine

(Edited for lame pasting error)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:70f6a04c-ece5-47b2-b22b-185285829aa0">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trivia! : i KNEW it!  (picture Chandler saying that.  I forget which episode)
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's TOW the Jellyfish.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:4b52873c-0a4c-494d-9d46-7a05e295e583">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are we done? :)

YES! Now gimme the damn answers before I break down and attempt to google them! *stamps foot*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_trivia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6163378b-69ae-4d32-a51b-55b7eb21bc6dPost:70f6a04c-ece5-47b2-b22b-185285829aa0">Re: Trivia!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trivia! : i KNEW it!  (picture Chandler saying that.  I forget which episode)
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

When Ross & Rachel are having their "on a break" fight and she yells, "And by the way, it <em>isn't</em> that common, it <em>doesn't</em> happen to all guys and it <em>is a big deal</em>!"  Chandler jumps out from behind the door and yells, "I <em>knew</em> it!"
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Oh crap.  I edited my OP instead of reposting.  Oops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards