Wedding Etiquette Forum

Child B-Day Party invites

I've never really planned a child's b'day party before other than my niece when she turned one, but it was all family so we didn't even use invites. I'm getting ready to address then and I'm not sure who to put. Do I put the parents names or the kids names?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Child B-Day Party invites

• It was always the kids' names when I was a kid.  I can't imagine that things have changed.
  • edited April 2011
    I wrote the kids name on the front and handed them out in school.  Told family about it or used e-vite
    My Planning Bio **Updated 7/26/11**
    126image 99image 25image 2image
    RSVP Date August 27
  • Address it to the kid.  Otherwise, I think a lot of the parents would think they were supposed to stick around.  At least, that's what I picture FI's family doing.

If you planned on feeding and entertaining 15 small, hyper children, and suddenly 15 parents wanted to stay and expected adult-friendly food and entertainment, I think your day would take a craptastic turn.
  • Address it to the kids. It's always fun when kids get their own stuff in the mail.
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Dude - I would totally would have said "just address it to the kid" until my damn wedding rehearsal.

My cousin was a cvnt about it and said "well, the invitation was just made out to DD, so I'm not invited, she's only 3, she can't drive, I don't know how you expect her to get there" I said "well, obviously you're invited (I'd told her this previously), I only put her name on there because she likes to see her name on mail" and she said "well, obviously I'm not b/c my name isn't on the invitation"

Biitch.

I still say only send it to the kids. I just felt like venting lol.

ETA: and yes, I know now it was bad E, but dammit, she didn't have to be a biitch.
  • LDY please tell me you're joking! 

I would address to the child and inside write along with their parent or guardian so they know their invited.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • <strong>In</strong> Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_child-b-day-party-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:61c08a1e-cd82-4232-8f49-91f1b42e2196Post:b0b1a643-4839-43ae-b0b2-8661c9916176">Re: Child B-Day Party invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Address it to the kid.  Otherwise, I think a lot of the parents would think they were supposed to stick around.  At least, that's what I picture FI's family doing. <strong>If you planned on feeding and entertaining 15 small, hyper children, and suddenly 15 parents wanted to stay and expected adult-friendly food and entertainment, I think your day would take a craptastic turn.
    </strong>Posted turn.by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Been there, done that.  Had a b-day party for my son, and of all the 5 kids that showed up, the parents stayed.  So, I ended up walking the kids over to the playground while FH stayed and talked to all the mommies.  BTW - all the invites were addressed to the kids. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards