Wedding Etiquette Forum

How do you "uninvite" someone from being part of your wedding party?

2»

Re: How do you "uninvite" someone from being part of your wedding party?

• WOW. You just stated you want to uninvite one of your closest girlfriends because she will be married. Honestly, I hope this was a joke because if it's not that is wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-do-you-uninvite-someone-from-being-part-of-your-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61d2feed-773d-4848-92a2-fb80018491b7Post:331623de-1e13-4dbe-904e-6b551f9cefd0">How do you "uninvite" someone from being part of your wedding party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My man and I decided last October to plan our wedding for this August. Naturally, I immediately told my 4 closest girlfriends, and asked them to be bridesmaids. Well, one of those girls recently got engaged and is getting married in July (fast, I know) and asked me to be a bridesmaid for her (oops, I'll be out of the country). I'm a little traditional in the fact that all my bridesmaids were going to be single. Otherwise, choosing would be harder since I have a few close friends who've recently been married. Is it possible to "uninvite" this girl from being a bridesmaid? Or am I just being a bridezilla? And if I do uninvite her, how do I tell her, and who do I fill the spot with? Because I need an even number. I have another friend I could ask, but I'm a little worried she won't fit in with the other 3 since it's 2 completely different sets of people from different parts of my life.
    Posted by karlijw[/QUOTE]

I can understand where you're coming from as far as being "traditional" or "old fashioned" and wating to have single bridesmaids, but in my opinion, uninviting her to be a bridesmaid just for the reason alone that she is/will be married before your wedding is, well, a little rude. I made the mistake myself of jumping and asking my three closest friends to be my bridesmaids, and I did end up uninviting one of them to be a bridesmaid, but my reasoning was nothing to do with the wedding, it was our friendship. Long story short, she kept making plans with me and not following through, the last plans I had made with her, ended with her leaving me at the store to go hang out with another friend of hers that I'm not friends with. I didn't feel that she was worthy of being my bridesmaid, let alone my friend, so I told her straight, that I was going to ask someone else instead, and asked my fiance's sister.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards