New York-New York City
Options

raw bar worth the expense?

I just inquired about an additional station, knowing that my family would like a raw bar.  The prices are unreal.  $45 w/lobster and $25 w/o lobster (oysters, clams and shrimp).  Its like another dinner charge per person.  What do you think?

Re: raw bar worth the expense?

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did a raw bar on Cape Cod.  Oysters and clams, they did have shrimp but we didn't think they would be that great because they're not local.

I think it was $2.75 - $3.00 per piece

p.s. It was devoured!
  • Options
    positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I think its an item that does go. I'm having oysters, clams and shrimp.  I left the lobster out - way too expensive. 

Thanks
  • Options
    mwiederholdmwiederhold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_raw-bar-worth-expense?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:c6334432-9c9b-42b3-924d-4e740f601ab8Post:c3f7f276-57ad-4a04-abdc-58533210edcc">Re: raw bar worth the expense?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you.  I think its an item that does go. I'm having oysters, clams and shrimp.  I left the lobster out - way too expensive.  Thanks
    Posted by positively[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing!  I cut out something else on my menu to add the clams and oysters; the shrimp was included in my package already.

I would suggest customizing your menu by cutting something else out, or maybe leave out the oysters which tend to cost more than clams?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards