Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Let's talk about KPS.

13»

Re: Let's talk about KPS.

• Options
    Whoa, dream big!  Sadly, I know a lot of people like that. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    1. I was a young bride(23). I don't feel like anyone ever said anything negative to me on the boards. Maybe that's because I dont post much? I think the uptight girls need to let it go when people say something like that.

2. agreed

3. I dont particularly feel like I "fit in" with everyone, but I do enjoy being here. Even though I lurk more than I post.
  • Options
    Just for you, kd - Cheddar with his teddy bear.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:fd29861a-7521-4894-8201-7cc8f3ccd3d5">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just for you, kd - Cheddar with his teddy bear.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I actually saved it so I can look at anytime I want. I love that picture.  

Does this make me a kitten stalker? I'm a huge cat person. I would have more then one, but my Tobie is a huge bully. But I had to put my 14 year old orange and white sweety down 2 years ago, I still miss him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG Les, that picture is ridiculously cute. 

Sara, I think it's only when people act like young idiots that the age thing even gets mentioned, tbh.  I don't give a crap what age you are, but if you act like you're 12?  That'll get you some slaps right there.  For instance, I had no idea Jasmineh was so young, and yet, she is!  But she sure as monkey didn't act like it.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I'm a kitten stalker too - I love the pet pic threads.  Cheddie is only 2, so I hope to have him for a very long time.  True story - he can ring the doorbell when he wants to come inside.  Drives DH nuts to answer the door for the cat.

ETA:  Thanks, Amoro.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:36a93f84-0aa7-4639-98c2-e3e284fd34e7">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) What's with the young brides being so uptight? I don't know but seriously though, if young brides let all the negative crap get to them, they have a lot of growing up to do. 2) I love the person who cheers on tired runners. Me too. This made me smile.I might start doing the same thing....like, I might actually cheer out loud. 3) How important is it to you to "fit in" on the boards? That's more of a poll question, but the top secret has me wondering. Or do you feel like you "fit in?" I don't think I fit in anymore. I haven't been posting a lot and it seems like people forgot about me. Oh well, life goes on. What can I do? It bummed me out at first but I pretty much stopped caring.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

I love it when you post CS. I pay attention, I just dont post much if I dont have anything to add to the conversation.

Plus, as established earlier I love your cat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:61a99513-1b54-4b84-abee-e4ab4cb4f410">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG Les, that picture is ridiculously cute.  Sara, I think it's only when people act like young idiots that the age thing even gets mentioned, tbh.  I don't give a crap what age you are, but if you act like you're 12?  That'll get you some slaps right there.  For instance, I had no idea Jasmineh was so young, and yet, she is!  But she sure as monkey didn't act like it.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. I do notice when someone is acting like a 16 year old nutbar, the age thing gets brought up. I never thought I would be married this young, but I am, and I'm happy. I also think I can be a little more mature than some other girls the same age as I am.
  • Options
    1) What's with the young brides being so uptight?
    I don't know if it's always young brides or just "eager brides" or ones that just want someone to tell them what they want to hear right or wrong...there are some older ones that have gotten their panties in a bunch (oh and don't forget the mother's of the brides that are just as bad!)

2) I love the person who cheers on tired runners.
    im not a runner i mean i guess that is cool.....

3) How important is it to you to "fit in" on the boards? That's more of a poll question, but the top secret has me wondering. Or do you feel like you "fit in?"
    i dont know if i do or don't fit in - if i am memorable or not....i mean someone needs help or asks a question i respond, can't say i posted the "hi there newbie" (accept me post)...I feel weird doing that...
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    1. I think this is relative to the group you are talking with as well. I'm going to be a week shy of 28 and my FI will almost be 32 when we get married and my coworkers still talk to me like I think it's all puppies and rainbows. I don't even really talk about our relationship, but when I do they are slightly condescending. Maybe this is because they got married young and didn't get to experience a lot of things in their opinion, so they think the same for me. It definitely irks me sometimes.

2. I secretly curse them for being so motivated and wish I was as well.

3. I don't really feel like I fit in.  However, my main desire is to just not be ignored. I feel like people won't read/respond to anything I post until I have triple digits posts next to my name (and I didn't even need a KPS to say it!). Maybe I'll just have to be patient, but it would be nice to not feel like I don't exist when I'm trying to earnestly contribute to a conversation.

ETA: I mean quadruple posts. It's Monday.
  • Options
    For young brides...I know that age is just a number, and as a 25 year old newlywed,  I can honestly say that I've never gotten slack for my age, which is nice.

But H and I have also been together for 7 years now, we both finished college first and all of that. That was really important to us both, and I think that us being able to maintain our relationship through college, an LDR, and just general life changes has made us stronger, and ready for getting married when we did.

I think that having that experience makes me weary of couples that are 20, have been together one year and will be engaged for 6 months until they get married. I just feel like that could be treacherous territory, KWIM?
  • Options
    I think life experience is what people are focused on more than age. Even that is relative. My husband has been on his own fear 8 years. I'd say that's an acceptable amoung of time and life experience. But for him, that started at age 14.
  • Options
    I <3 you CS :)

KD, I felt that way about my wedding pictures too. I posted a bunch and I think I got maybe 4 "Hey congrats on your wedding" and that was it. Now I have them in sigs and people talk about them. It just sucked because a week later a person who had been posting for 2 months AW'd her pics/story and had 5 pages of "congrats" "oh pretty" etc.

For me it's all about the life experience as well. With rare exception I just don't think someone under 20 has experienced life enough to realize what they are getting into. I think you need to be able to pay bills, open bank accounts, make a grocery list, etc before you commit to a marriage.

I also think about how when I was 18 I was so sure I was getting married to my bf. We didn't survive my first year of college. Did I have fierce passion and emotion when I was 18, sure. But I didn't have the depth of knowledge and experience that was needed to be a good partner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:c7771669-964d-4789-966d-69bdfe2e5832">Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2) I love the person who cheers on tired runners.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

At my half last week, I was all out of juice and struggling up ANOTHER hill and there were specatators who started chanting my name (it was on my bib).  They got louder and louder and I turned on the afterburners to run up the hill and they just cheered like mad people.

Oh, and the song that reminds me of my aunt, uncle and cousin (who have all passed on) started at that exact moment.

I was running with tears in my eyes.  It was awesome.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:6795a365-2e4a-458c-ac85-9c4c9c0b2ec5">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's talk about KPS. : At my half last week, I was all out of juice and struggling up ANOTHER hill and there were specatators who started chanting my name (it was on my bib).  They got louder and louder and I turned on the afterburners to run up the hill and they just cheered like mad people. Oh, and the song that reminds me of my aunt, uncle and cousin (who have all passed on) started at that exact moment. I was running with tears in my eyes.  It was awesome.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    Aww!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:c4107e55-9acc-4c54-b161-ad4388a92b7b">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE] 3. I don't really feel like I fit in.  However, my main desire is to just not be ignored. I feel like people won't read/respond to anything I post until I have triple digits posts next to my name (and I didn't even need a KPS to say it!). Maybe I'll just have to be patient, but it would be nice to not feel like I don't exist when I'm trying to earnestly contribute to a conversation. ETA: I mean quadruple posts. It's Monday.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Unless you are a weirdo like me and has to read every post before being able to reply to anything.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:6795a365-2e4a-458c-ac85-9c4c9c0b2ec5">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's talk about KPS. : At my half last week, I was all out of juice and struggling up ANOTHER hill and there were specatators who started chanting my name (it was on my bib).  They got louder and louder and I turned on the afterburners to run up the hill and they just cheered like mad people. Oh, and the song that reminds me of my aunt, uncle and cousin (who have all passed on) started at that exact moment. I was running with tears in my eyes.  It was awesome.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Awww that's awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-talk-kps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63cd071b-4c15-4065-89a5-b26282f81bedPost:233eac7d-49b5-40a8-9763-687fb9fda324">Re: Let's talk about KPS.</a>:
    [QUOTE] KD, I felt that way about my wedding pictures too. I posted a bunch and I think I got maybe 4 "Hey congrats on your wedding" and that was it. Now I have them in sigs and people talk about them. It just sucked because a week later a person who had been posting for 2 months AW'd her pics/story and had 5 pages of "congrats" "oh pretty" etc.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I've seen this happen sometimes, and I think sometimes it just all depends on when you post it.  If you AW your wedding and pics on a regular weekday, you're going to get WAY more responses than if you do it at night or especially on a weekend.  I don't know if that was the case for you or not, just something I've noticed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards